Advice sought

boetie

I am planning on getting a new prebuilt PC to run FS2024. Ideally I'd like an i9 14900k CPU and a 4090 graphics card. I don't think the treasurer will allow me to purchase a system with both. If I went with an i9 I would go with a 4080 Super and if I went with a 4090 I would go with an i7 14700kf. Which would benefit me the most for best performance, the higher spec CPU or the higher spec GPU? (If I present a good case to the treasurer it may be both, stranger things have happened).

Thank you

Graeme :)

• Haha 1

Check my specs. With the new Nvidia app settings (plus a bit of added LOD compared to what it recommends) I get butter smooth performance at 4K resolution, over 99% of the world, and still impressive smoothness over the few taxing cities like Paris and London.  The 4070 card rarely runs at over 80% in dense scenery and even in the VR with high to ultra settings the performance is very good.  But I would hold off until FS24 is bedded in for a month or more to see what the actual hit is. I suspect it will be 10% at most. 

• Like 1

I remember a few generations back I had a 1070, it was really good, I have never had 80 or 90 versions and always been happy....as for the CPU I recently got the 14600kf and it's been a great update from my old 9600k so the 14700kf should fit nicely.....but seriously think about what John said and look at the 4070....

Thank you gents. I ended up getting permission to go all out. Have ordered a system with an i9 and a RTX 4090 card. It has 64GB Ram and two 2TB SSD's. It's my retirement machine (hopefully early next year). I'm also eyeing a Pimax Crystal Light VR set to go with it in the future. Thanks again!

:)

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/ready-to-run-pcs/gaming-pc/109372-r2r10255

Edited by boetie
  • Upvote 1