what's my weak link?

wain71

just interested in anyones thoughts, if I were to upgrade any of these two parts - 9600k or RTX 3060 - which would be classed as the week link, I am planning on a new rig next spring but I guess if I just upgraded the CPU I would probably need a new motherboard anyway, someone offered me a 12600, not sure if I'd be better off, I have noticed lately flying FENIX into some airports it all can get a bit blurry / slow at times...

Can you clarify Wayne (not for me as I'm often wrong), are these your current CPU and graphics card or the one/s you're considering upgrading to? Or which is best to replace from your current? Might help the hardware experts.

:)

• Like 1

My 11700k and RTX4070 run MSFS mostly Ultra settings in 4K resolution smooth as silk in 99% of the world. And from what I see on the forums the remaining 1% still creates problems with hardware twice as expensive and more. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, boetie said:

Can you clarify Wayne (not for me as I'm often wrong), are these your current CPU and graphics card or the one/s you're considering upgrading to? Or which is best to replace from your current? Might help the hardware experts.

:)

yeah sorry, these are what I currently have, someone offered, but it's gone now a 12600k but I wasn't sure if that would improve, it's just with the latest FENIX I have noticed a few issues coming in to land at default and 3rd party airports...

3 hours ago, John Dow said:

My 11700k and RTX4070 run MSFS mostly Ultra settings in 4K resolution smooth as silk in 99% of the world. And from what I see on the forums the remaining 1% still creates problems with hardware twice as expensive and more. 

Hi John, sounds good, I am planning to upgrade next spring but I had the chance of a new CPU but wasn't sure if that was my weakness of the 2 things I have...sat on the fence at the moment with Intel or AMD CPU, whichever I decide it's probably best to wait until 2024 comes out in November....I also only run at 1440p but on my LG Ultragear it all looks great......