Dreamliner lands at Farnborough

6297j

The wing flex is pretty crazy eh? I have to admit when I first saw the concept images I wasn't so hot on the plane but it has grown on me over the last couple years. Thanks for heads up!

Wing flex, although looking spectacular, happens in just about every aircraft to some degree.  The 787's slender wings makes it more apparent.  I always think of the B-52 (BUFF), its wing flex from static to flight was between 16 and 18 feet at the wingtip.  Those little wheels on the wingtips were not just for looks!

:)

Guest SovietAviator

Damn, I cant wait till this bird hits major airlines in the US. I want to fly on this SOB so bad.

She sure is spectacular to watch.

I remember, not so long ago, when the A380 arrived and I was heading off to Asia on a holiday. I was offered the A380 for an additional 500 bucks a seat.

Ahem, that's a lot of spending money for an eight hour flight, chaps. I sadly declined and spent the money on fine wine, food and foot massages at the Royal Foot Spa.

Frank

I have a son that lives in Everett and saw the first flight from Paine Field of the 787.  On other trips to Seattle area I've seen the 787 come near my daughter's house at only maybe 500 above the ground.  Beautiful aircraft and pretty quiet too.

Archived