Msfs2020 CTD without any error message.

IMG_20240317_212725.thumb.jpg.a060d204d7df0ac89c86097b424aa467.jpgIMG_20240317_212725.thumb.jpg.a060d204d7df0ac89c86097b424aa467.jpgApproximately from last 15 day's I am facing issue in msfs2020, random crashes without any error message in win 11, I have formatted my pc 4 times approximately 6 time I have reinstall the sim but unfortunately the CTD isn't fix.

No clue what to do.

Edited by Jay306
File added

Hello,
if you have any products purchased at Orbx Direct installed, please try this:

Microsoft Store Edition

1. In the game, delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

If the problem persists, take this extra step.

3. Do not add anything other than the problem product(s) to the Community folder before running MSFS again.

Steam Edition

2. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes\*.dat) 

3. Do not add anything to the Community folder before running MSFS again.

Note: the quickest way to do this is to rename your Community folder to CommunityX.
Create a new Community folder in the same location.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,
if you have any products purchased at Orbx Direct installed, please try this:

Microsoft Store Edition

2. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

3. Do not add anything other than the problem product(s) to the Community folder before running MSFS again.

Steam Edition

2. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes\*.dat) 

3. Do not add anything to the Community folder before running MSFS again.

Note: the quickest way to do this is to rename your Community folder to CommunityX.
Create a new Community folder in the same location.

It must be said that after so many resets, the greater likelihood is a hardware problem.

36 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

It must be said that after so many resets, the greater likelihood is a hardware problem.

True! An easy way to test RAM properly is to download Memtest64 and follow the instructions to make a boot file that starts when you reboot your pc before Windows starts.  It will then perform a series of RAM checking tests that can take up to a few hours, however there is a screen that runs and it soon becomes obvious as it reports the number of faults found.  Much more rigorous and accurate than the built in Windows RAM checking software.  I discovered that my random shut downs were because my RAM was failing at 3600MHz but OK at 3200MHz.  It can be that simple.

Other possibilities are Power Supply and CPU getting too hot if it's not seated properly.  

• Thanks 1