YSCH problem

Jon Clarke

Returning to FTX AU after some PNW time I flew from Coffs Harbour and was horrified to notice that I was getting down to a 9fps and stuttering and large black texture flashes. This airport has always been a smooth 30fps for me. I use a standard FTX setting via FSX Go for ALL ORBX products and upto yesterday had always had smooth flight and fps steady at my setting of 30.

I tried adjusting obvious settings within FSX to see where the problem may be resolved but to no avail. I then reduced "Special Effects detail" (moving waves etc) and I was back immediately to smooth 30fps.

I cannot believe it as I have always left this setting at either full on or Medium on every single flight with all addons without a problem.

All of my FTX range is fully up to date (SP3/LIBS etc)

Any help on what might be the culprit here that would allow me to return to my normal setting.( I have reinstalled YSCH + reinstalled latest LIBS))

Many thanks

Thanks Tim. I look forward to your feedback. I am unsure exactly what files are activated when Special Effects are used. I know it effects wave motion and fireworks but what else it activates versus what effects are shown via Scenery Complexity, I don't know.

I am baffled by this latest glitch. When I was trying to smooth things out by adjusting settings I noticed that my Water setting was at Low x2 and Special Effects was on Max. I normally have these at LowMid x2 and Special Effects at Mid. I then actually put the Water setting back UP to LowMid x2 and left Special Effects on Max... results were the same with 9fps etc. I then left the Water at LowMid x2 but set the Special to Mid... same problem. I then turned Special Effects slider to the far left and Bingo I was back to normal(even with the Higher water setting). I have always assumed that Water settings were a potential performance hit but never the rather obscure Special Effects setting as I have never had a problem in that area before.

Maybe anyone who is looking to fine tune their FSX might want to include trials on the Special Effects setting which may, I repeat MAY have a performance impact previously not acknowledged.

Archived