FSX scenery library priority order

PhilipN

Hi!  I just had the age-old problem with water showing up where it shouldn't be, so I uninstalled the Iceland demo (since I now have the full FTX Global Base, OpenLC, and Vector installed), and it solved the problem.  (By the way, you don't need to reinstall OpenLC; you just need to click the "verify files" button for it to fix that.)

However, I also noticed that when I uninstalled the Iceland demo (using the uninstall button in Orbx Central), it moved all of my Orbx products other than VECTOR to the top of my scenery library, above about 70 airport sceneries I've installed.  My scenery order now appears to be the Orbx libraries, then Global Airports, then all the OpenLC scenery areas (and lights), then all my non-Orbx addon sceneries, then VECTOR.  Is this going to cause problems?

Also, is there a way to disable specific airports within FTX  Global Airports if I want to use other scenery for those specific airports?  Is it even necessary to do so?

If your airport is above the FTX Global Airports on the scenery list it should not need the Global airports to be disabled. If you find you need to there are 3 files for each airport:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_Name.bgl

ADE_FTX_FTXG_Name_CVX.bgl and

FTX_FTXG_Name_objects.bgl

Rename the files with an off instead of bgl and this will disable the airport.

If you need to re-enable them change it back to bgl.

Larry

P.S. some smaller airports don't have the object file.

Hello,
Orbx Central has an "Insertion Point" function built into it, with a short guide suggesting the correct course of action
on the Insertion Point page.
If you let that arrange you Orbx Scenery, it will all be correctly positioned and ordered in your scenery library.