A future Task for Orbx for MSFS 2026?

John Heaton

for all you blokes out there who wonder what real life flying is in Australia - take a look at these 2 videos

The first is the latest developement of the NEW/extra Sydney Airport - cited to open in 2026 - and get some idea of what our simming

will look like then 

immediately after the finish of this video - make sure you watch his next one by clicking the frame at the end - or - 

The second is a brilliant video of a live VFR GA aircraft landing at the current Sydney airport. It may seem strange that flight control allows GA aircraft to do so

but part of our PPL training is approach and landing at a Primary Airport - or it was in my day 50 years or so ago - although in my case - I had to use Essendon 

- because Tullamarine - Melbourne - had just been opened

However - although I now land all sorts of aircraft in Sydney in my dotage via MSFS etc. - this video reminds me very much - of my time years ago - when

on my frequent business trips to Sydney - I sometimes used my own PA32 - rather than commercial - to do the journey - VFR of course. Once I had to stop short of the runway - as a 747 landed 50 yards from me

Enjoy both

Edited by John Heaton
  • Like 5