Orbx central, very slow download

Hi There,

In the instance of slow downloads, generally network problems outside the control of Orbx are to blame. There are no current issues with our download servers, similarly I have also personally tried to download scenery via Central, with no issues.

I can only offer the following suggestion: simply stopping the download in Central, restarting Central and the download should resume at optimal speed. Please note this may or may not work depending on where the download is being affected. If the download is stopping at a certain point and not progressing any further, that may be another issue entirely. If that is the case, please open a support ticket and we will be happy to assist you.

• 4 months later...

I hate to ressurect this thread... seems to happen quite often. I'll get awesome speed for the first 90% of the download, and then it slows to a crawl and takes 10 minutes for the last bit to download/install. Orbx is great stuff... but man!

Capture.PNG

Edited by bjratchf

9 hours ago, bjratchf said:

I hate to ressurect this thread... seems to happen quite often. I'll get awesome speed for the first 90% of the download, and then it slows to a crawl and takes 10 minutes for the last bit to download/install. Orbx is great stuff... but man!

Capture.PNG

I had this problem a while ago. I switched provider away from the budget one, and since then all downloads have been full speed, no exceptions. 

Just about every instance of slow downloads reported for at least the last two years has been ISP and network issues outside the control of Orbx. 

• 5 months later...

Hi there.

I have the same problem. Progressively slower and slower download speeds as the download continues. I have had this same problem for years. I do not have this problem with any other vendors or downloads and have a PREMIUM service provider. I have tried the advice given above to restart Orbx Central and resume the download. This does not work and even if it did, this is not a viable solution to an ongoing and consistent problem. I understand what is being said about it not being Orbx's problem so I am not blaming the Orbx servers. However, I am asking for assistance regarding how to realistically solve this problem. 

The downloads start at high speed and then as the download progresses, it dwindles to around 360kB/s and takes all night to download.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, Rhett said:

Hi there.

I have the same problem. Progressively slower and slower download speeds as the download continues. I have had this same problem for years. I do not have this problem with any other vendors or downloads and have a PREMIUM service provider. I have tried the advice given above to restart Orbx Central and resume the download. This does not work and even if it did, this is not a viable solution to an ongoing and consistent problem. I understand what is being said about it not being Orbx's problem so I am not blaming the Orbx servers. However, I am asking for assistance regarding how to realistically solve this problem. 

The downloads start at high speed and then as the download progresses, it dwindles to around 360kB/s and takes all night to download.

Thanks,

The Orbx team are collecting these reports but my experience is that almost all these slow downloads get resolved within a couple of days.  Of course they can resurface at any time but individual cases seem to resolve at some stage.

I proved it was my provider by taking my computer to my sister's house a few times and despite 100Kb/sec at my place, I was consistently getting 5-6MB/sec there.

I also used this url to check actual international download speeds, and my previous provider showed poor speeds in this app as well.

http://www.myspeedmeter.net/

• Like 1