My return.....

Aussieflyer38

Whilst I was in sickbay, MS dropped an update - surprise surprise :D. Whist it appears to have gone okay, in the notes it said to remove the MSFS CJ4, did this and restarted the sim, expecting the updated aircraft to be there, not so, so I don't know the next move to find/get the updated aircraft. Closest I could find was posted on Youtube,
the pic I have posted is the Variation #1 looks familiar but definitely not the updated CJ4. Somebody help me with this please. Thanks

Don 

1331294099_MSFS(CJ4)variation1_2.thumb.jpg.ad9c534703e26b178af56598672d4e4c.jpg  

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer38 said:

in the notes it said to remove the MSFS CJ4

Are you meaning you uninstalled the CJ4 all together?

If that is the case, you could try reinstall it from the content manager in the sim.

You only had to remove the third party mods from your community folder in case you've had them installed. These mods are made as freeware.

Quote from the release notes:

The CJ4 and G3000 Working Title mods must be removed from your Community folder

Hope this helps.

Edited by bvdboomen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Are you meaning you uninstalled the CJ4 all together?

If that is the case, you could try reinstall it from the content manager in the sim.

You only had to remove the third party mods from your community folder in case you've had them installed. These mods are made as freeware.

Quote from the release notes:

Hope this helps.

Hi mate, thanks for helping. As MS said, uninstall the CJ4 from my community folder, only thing it wasn't there, it was in my "store" folder, which I uninstalled. This maybe where I went wrong. Brain is not working too well right now, Covid Hangover. I checked the Content Manager and the CJ4 file is there and shows as installed, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as it's not in my aircraft selection as available to upload. I tried to upload from Workingtitle, but that didn't work either, I think I need the MSFS default for that to work. Thanks for your input.

Don

Hey Don,

All you needed to do was remove the Working Title CJ4 mod, or any other CJ4 Mods from your community folder. If you had not installed any of these mods you didn't need to do anything. Maybe you can uninstall and reinstall the CJ4 from the in sim content manager? There is no need to download any external workingtitle mods as the workingtitle CJ4 is now the Asobo default in the sim.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TimS said:

Hey Don,

All you needed to do was remove the Working Title CJ4 mod, or any other CJ4 Mods from your community folder. If you had not installed any of these mods you didn't need to do anything. Maybe you can uninstall and reinstall the CJ4 from the in sim content manager? There is no need to download any external workingtitle mods as the workingtitle CJ4 is now the Asobo default in the sim.

Thanks Tim, I'll give it a shot. Brains a bit fuzzy lately :D

Hey Tim, had a look at Content Manager and I have Cessna Citation CJ4 Textron Aviation by Asobo installed, but it's not in the aircraft selection. I also have Cessna Citation CJ4 -01 by Asobo also saying installed, but it's not in the aircraft selection. I also have Textron Aviation Variation 01, which is available in the aircraft selection. This has become totally confusing. If I uninstall the CJ4's in the Content Manager where do I find the files to reinstall them. In my earlier post I made mention that the CJ4 file I deleted, were in the "store" folder, not the community folder. I've obviously stuffed something up, so might have to be happy with the Longitude and it's CRJ cousins. :D

Thanks 

Don   

Go to the ms store that's the marketplace in the sim, down at the bottom status display  you will see go back and next to it contents manager. Go to contents manager, search for the item you want to remove and click on it, (you should see a tick mark on the right of that product afetr it is clicked on) at the bottom right you should see Delete ? or is it isn't installed it will say install? (I am going from memory here so bear with me).

If you have some CJ4 add on in the community folder, I'd remove these at least temporarily until you see the product appear in the planes list again. Sometimes a community folder item can stop a plane appearing usually if it is a performance add on or similar.

Good luck.....

• Like 1

Unfortunately didn't help. I have the CJ4 in my Content Manager and it shows as installed. but it doesn't appear in my aircraft selection screen as available, and I don't know how to correct that. If I click on it, it wants to delete it. I might just wait until the next update and see what happens then, it might come back with an update, if not, as I said I'll just fly the other jets I have. Thanks for input. :)

Don 

Rename the community folder to community X or something and re load and see if it shows then. I think there is something in there that conflicts with the one from the ms store.  (yep I understand the product is bought at the store, but sometimes an add on can conflict with the mas store product)

• Like 1