Are Exclusions Possible with EU Great Britain North

Caluma65

Hi All,

I have recently downloaded EU GB North and overall i've been very impressed with the product.  The coverage is superb and most things that I would expect to see have been included.

There are however, some noticeable buildings missing that I would have expected to see, including the Transport Museum in Glasgow and the Falkirk Wheel.  I also feel that some buildings have been modelled to a higher standard than others.  Which leads me to my question...

Is there any way to exclude certain landmarks within the sim, whilst keeping others? 

Thanks for your help.  Cheers,

Calum

Hi Calum

As a Glaswegian, I too was surprised at the omissions you have identified.  However, the Falkirk Wheel and additional Glasgow scenery (as well as other Scottish scenery) is available for free from https://flightsim.to and these sit well within the EU GB North scenery in my experience.

I cannot comment on your exclusion question.  I am sure someone will have an answer.  Good luck.

DaveR

On 12/7/2022 at 9:08 AM, DaveR said:

Hi Calum

As a Glaswegian, I too was surprised at the omissions you have identified.  However, the Falkirk Wheel and additional Glasgow scenery (as well as other Scottish scenery) is available for free from https://flightsim.to and these sit well within the EU GB North scenery in my experience.

I cannot comment on your exclusion question.  I am sure someone will have an answer.  Good luck.

DaveR

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response.

I have added the Falkirk Wheel from flightsim.to, along with quite a few other bits and bobs from that website - including some of the hospitals and the jetty at Cameron House - they're great.  The Orbx models that I would like to create exclusions for, if possible, are Ibrox, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Braehead - purely as I don't think they have been modeled as well as some of the other landmarks/buildings - or indeed as well as they have been modeled previously by Orbx.

I'm nit-picking on the whole because I have been very impressed with EU GB North title and I'm a big fan or Orbxs' work in general - I just feel there are some better models out there for a few of these landmarks.

Hopefully someone from Orbx will be able to advise if exclusions are possible.  Cheers,

Calum

Sadly @Caluma65, the Orbx forums are not as active nor responsive as they once were.
FlyTampa's KLAS for MSFS was finally added to the Orbx store yesterday and passed without any announcement. I had a question about this months ago that remained unanswered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Sadly @Caluma65, the Orbx forums are not as active nor responsive as they once were.
FlyTampa's KLAS for MSFS was finally added to the Orbx store yesterday and passed without any announcement. I had a question about this months ago that remained unanswered.

It's really disappointing to see the forum like a ghost town these days. 

This used to be one of the go-to places for flight sim.  It was bustling every day  There was a great deal of knowledge shared on this platform in previous years - it's sad to see where we appear to have got to.

I won't hold my breath for a response but I will definitely bear it in mind when it comes to future purchasing decisions.  Cheers,

Calum