Various Water and Wave effects

Bassman

Few queries

1.  Does any of the FTX programs effect default FSX coastal waves?

2.  I installed David Cotton's wave effects and waves now only appear very intermittently and when they do appear, they fade in ok however at the shore line they vanish noticeably suddenly rather than fade away or wash back (which is what David's effects are supposed to do.).

Now, maybe the problem is that I also have REX, FS Water Configurator and I also have UTX -Europe all of which have wave effect selections.

Should I disable all the wave effects and all the water texture effects and then just enabke the effects in only one program?

Seems rather obvious now that I have written it here however would appreciate some comment and guidance.

Thanks  Dan

Few queries

1.  Does any of the FTX programs effect default FSX coastal waves?

2.  I installed David Cotton's wave effects and waves now only appear very intermittently and when they do appear, they fade in ok however at the shore line they vanish noticeably suddenly rather than fade away or wash back (which is what David's effects are supposed to do.).

Now, maybe the problem is that I also have REX, FS Water Configurator and I also have UTX -Europe all of which have wave effect selections.

Should I disable all the wave effects and all the water texture effects and then just enabke the effects in only one program?

Seems rather obvious now that I have written it here however would appreciate some comment and guidance.

Thanks  Dan

I have the same effect and am trying to find out why they are acting this way.  I recently downloaded some other wave effects files and was going to experiment to see why this was happening.

Archived