Spring Cleaning

John Heaton

Down here in the Southern Hemisphere - Spring has sprung - and a period normally associated with Tidying up after winter

Plus it seems to be a quiet time here in the Orbx family - so this might just provide some food for thought - or discussion;)

In my case - my hangar is so full of aircraft -  that i need an airport  - not a hangar to hold them all - and many of them unfortunately

are in P3D - and quite honestly I haven't seen one of them for months  - and the same for XP11 - but maybe I will keep an eye on the latter

if I ever take an interest in the "Larger Tube" variety as I understand they may be better than MS2020 - but since the last 2 months with 

a few more aircraft on the Improved list - dare I say  - "study aircraft" that  may change as well

Added to all this  - the latest 2020 situation of 160 aircraft already released - and around a further 175 in development - probably includes

the 12 that will be released on the 49th anniversary update - we are about - any day to face Update 10 and we all know what usually happens 

after these updates in the past. The choice is becoming staggering - and I for one have lost concentration by having too many "toys"

I also took a look at my MS community folder - and it is close to 300GB - and screams for a cleanup - and out with aircraft and liveries etc built

up over the last year - and a new way of using the folder --- I have read and installed addon collector but my old brain box will not take it in - too

complicated and I need to find a more simple method after I clean it up before the update

What all this means is that to establishing  where I fly the most -  in what aircraft and the airfields I fly from most - and dumping the rest - which 

can always be re installed again as long as .to - Orbx - JF -  etc remain alive

I made a start with the aircraft and just for interest sake this is the list - that instead of flying around like "a moth round a flame" - I need to concentrate

and make myself more efficient and back to my Real Flying days of yore

AIRCRAFT PRIORITIES
1ST CHOICE                              2ND CHOICE
S.E. - Stearman                        S.E. - Staggerwing                      
S.E. - JF Arrow 111                  S.E. - B35 (A2A PA 24)
S.E. - TB 930                            S.E. - C17s WIM
2 E.prop - C414 AW                 2 E.prop - Kingair (mod)                   
2 E.prop - P Seneca                 2 E.prop - P Skymaster                      
Heli - H145                               Heli - H153                                 
2 E.BJet - Ha 4                         2 E.BJet - Cj4                              
2 E.Jet - Longtitude                  2 E.Jet - Bombadier 6000                         
Airliner - B737 - 600                 Airliner - Salty 747
Warbird - Mk IX Spitfire           Warbird - Hawker Hunter                     
Warbird - F 16                         Warbird - F 18 Hornet                          
Vintage - DC 6                         Vintage - B18 - (DC 3)
bracket A/C due soon and will replace and maybe add 2 more vintage later

The rest have been dumped into the bin for the time being

• Like 1

sounds like a good plan you have there John, I recently installed XP 12 and will only add stuff as it becomes properly available, actually enjoying the default sim with just 2 tubes added.....I also recently, last weekend put p3d back on it's own drive, I have only installed all my Orbx stuff and planes I will definitely fly, feels great....

• Like 1