MSFS Views

wain71

Wayne, it is possible in a manner. That said, I have never used X-Plane, so I cannot compare. In MSFS, you can assign keys to your keyboard profile in the controls section. Some people make specific keyboard command profiles for specific aircraft, some more general...you choice. Now, the process is a little different if we are talking about setting up cockpit views via the numpad, and/or external views. I have only done cockpit views.

Landon

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Wayne, it is possible in a manner. That said, I have never used X-Plane, so I cannot compare. In MSFS, you can assign keys to your keyboard profile in the controls section. Some people make specific keyboard command profiles for specific aircraft, some more general...you choice. Now, the process is a little different if we are talking about setting up cockpit views via the numpad, and/or external views. I have only done cockpit views.

Landon

Ah right okay..yes cockpit views only..as an example in XP number 4 might be left seat, 5 middle screen or autopilot and 1 might be efb... xplane is simple, Ctrl+4 etc...

Okay then, what you will need to do then Wayne, is go into the MSFS Control Options page. Then, in the Keyboard section, create a custom profile (once you have the camera settings how you like, you can copy this profile as many times as you like and assign it to other aircraft etc.). Now, in the CAMERA section of the new custom profile, under COCKPIT CAMERA, you will see several options for SAVE CUSTOM CAMERA 0 all the way to SAVE CUSTOM CAMERA 9. You want to assign a keystroke to each of those. For example, I use CTRL+a number (1,2,3 etc). Next, you will see LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 0 all the way to LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 9. This is where you will want to assign your numpad number keys. Once you have assigned all the keys as you like, go back to your cockpit. Move your view around to various places in your cockpit that you want to save. Each time you are in a spot you like, you have to first save that custom view (using the keystrokes you assigned for SAVE CUSTOM VIEWS). For example, say you want your default pilot view to be a saved custom view, then once the camera view is where you like it, hit the keystroke for SAVE CUSTOM VIEW 0. Then, you can use the keystroke you assigned on your numpad to view that custom view. Further, if you hit that same keystroke a second time, it will revert BACK to the previous view. This works for every custom view assigned. Also, in Control Options, there is a command you can assign to another keystroke (or even a joystick button) for RESET COCKPIT VIEW. That command always puts you back to the default cockpit view. 

It sounds like a process, and it is at first. But once you take the time to set up the commands and use them, you will see it is very flexible.

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Okay then, what you will need to do then Wayne, is go into the MSFS Control Options page. Then, in the Keyboard section, create a custom profile (once you have the camera settings how you like, you can copy this profile as many times as you like and assign it to other aircraft etc.). Now, in the CAMERA section of the new custom profile, under COCKPIT CAMERA, you will see several options for SAVE CUSTOM CAMERA 0 all the way to SAVE CUSTOM CAMERA 9. You want to assign a keystroke to each of those. For example, I use CTRL+a number (1,2,3 etc). Next, you will see LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 0 all the way to LOAD CUSTOM CAMERA 9. This is where you will want to assign your numpad number keys. Once you have assigned all the keys as you like, go back to your cockpit. Move your view around to various places in your cockpit that you want to save. Each time you are in a spot you like, you have to first save that custom view (using the keystrokes you assigned for SAVE CUSTOM VIEWS). For example, say you want your default pilot view to be a saved custom view, then once the camera view is where you like it, hit the keystroke for SAVE CUSTOM VIEW 0. Then, you can use the keystroke you assigned on your numpad to view that custom view. Further, if you hit that same keystroke a second time, it will revert BACK to the previous view. This works for every custom view assigned. Also, in Control Options, there is a command you can assign to another keystroke (or even a joystick button) for RESET COCKPIT VIEW. That command always puts you back to the default cockpit view. 

It sounds like a process, and it is at first. But once you take the time to set up the commands and use them, you will see it is very flexible.

Landon

thanks for this Landon, I have printed it off and will have a go at it later when I get back home...

• Like 1