Frequency of updates

Itchy Ferret

Hello.

I am wondering how often the TrueEarth sceneries are updated.  I have owned TrueEarth Great Britain South for over a year now.  I regularly log into Orbx Central but not once has it prompted me to download any updates for GB South.  Updates to the Sceneries Asset Mgr are released from time to time, so I am being notified about updates.

I see that folks submit scenery update requests (myself included) in this forum, but does anything ever get changed/updated?

Thank you.

Generally Orbx sceneries are released as point in time products. If a problem with the scenery requires further work, any pending updates may be incorporated as part of the work to be done. But changes in landscape and airports etc aren't enough to generate further development. 

Not sure if there are fixes pending for this scenery, if there are, often the dev will seek to incorporate all possible fixes into a release, this can take time, and many factors can influence the progress including changes in the core sim which occasionally can make the fixes much more time consuming to develop. 

May I add that, unfortunately, Central is not always aware of some "small" updates or fixes ...

"Just verify the scenery ..."  appears in some threads and you need to be lucky to catch it, even more since the support forum are "read-only".

Central is great but sometimes misused :(

Gérard

37 minutes ago, gaab said:

May I add that, unfortunately, Central is not always aware of some "small" updates or fixes ...

"Just verify the scenery ..."  appears in some threads and you need to be lucky to catch it, even more since the support forum are "read-only".

Central is great but sometimes misused :(

Gérard

\

Perhaps, but if it's a small incremental update it might have no effect on your flight simming.  In my experience a lot of updates make no difference to the scenery for me.  Sometimes it's a tweak to a gate animation or apron traffic or a slight mesh adjustment.  For me, if the scenery works when I visit it, then I don't need the latest fix unless it is something that affects my simming directly.

• Confused 1

I am sorry to fully desagree - I have seen several changes which did have a (beneficial) effect.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:34 PM, John Dow said:

Perhaps, but if it's a small incremental update it might have no effect on your flight simming. 

Yes - as you say it MIGHT - but YOU don't know and I will not be able to make my own opinion.

When a developer decides that an update should be made, we should know it.

Gérard

Is it not the case though, that in order to be informed of updates, all you need to do is go to Orbx Direct and any and all updates will be listed and immediately downloadable. 

This current system seems to me to be far more efficient than loading up everyone's email boxes, not to mention the difficulties in managing emails targeted to every user's specific list of products. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 1:31 AM, John Dow said:

Is it not the case though, that in order to be informed of updates, all you need to do is go to Orbx Direct

It should, but infortunately, too many "small" updates are not "signaled" to Orbx Central (no change of the version number)