current FTX KPDX and my scenery library

Kyle Cormier

Until KPDX from FTX comes out i have been using a new version that i made using ADE which I feel is a truer representation of the overall feel of the airport ( though i do admit your's look better in some areas, mine does in others) but the problem is i have hundreds of other airports in my add on scenery folder as well.  to give mine priority, how do i get my KPDX priority but not all the others.  if i move the addon scenery folder above the FTX entries i will lose 99% of the better airports NA bule provides, but i really like my KPDX better.

thanks in advance,

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

the easiest thing to do is to create a new folder with a scenery subfolder, place your compiled KPDX in it, and add the folder to the scenery library menu at higher display priority than FTX.

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: the upcoming PNW patch 002 will include an updated KPDX with more realistic gate coding, jetway placement, military and cargo parking, and other enhancements.

i think i am going to wait for the newer FTX version.  as much as i like mine ( because i worked real hard on it ) the FTX airports blend in so much better with the surrounding scenery.  i like the airpiort enhancements i added like the correct covered parking for the military parking, the freight ramps for FEDEX  and UPS, and the parking garage are all placed properly but the stock library objects dont look as good as what FTX is adding. 

plus by years end the FTX version of KPDX is going to blow anything else out of the water. 

Looking for PDX by year's end might be a bit premature, Kyle. We're working on it, but I'm not ready to commit to a release time frame just yet.

By the way, what part of MA do you live in? I just got back from traveling all around the state for some non-FTX scenery photo shoots.

wish i knew you were in the area, would have offered you dinner.  i live in Dartmouth Ma, a small town just west of New Bedford, the largest seaport in the USA in terms of seafood catch per year.  where did you travel in the state?  between the eastern seashores of Cape Cod and the mountains of the western part of the state, you should have a lot to see in our very small state.  may i ask what you were photographing?

as for PDX, trust me i am not holding you to any sort of release time.  the things i mentioned in the above posts are nothing that is a dealbreaker for using what FTX offers.  mine was done prior to FTX doing the PNW area anyway.  i am now moving on from doing large commercial fields to small local GA airports, and trying to learn GMAX to work on the realistic look of the buildings and hangers.

I missed your part of the state, seems like. My wife and I went from Boston to the Berkshires, then over to Salem & Beverly on the north shore, with one more swing out to Lowell to visit a friend before we left. I've yet to make it south of Boston and to the Cape, but hopefully that'll happen on a future visit. We go to MA every year for a conference my wife attends, and I tag along and take airport pics. I'll have more info on the airports I photographed soon.

well if you ever do make is to the south coast, you have an open invitation to traditional clam boil at my house.  BTW, New Bedford airport would look great someday in the FTX NA Red New York /  New England area (  ;) hint hint )

Archived