Login

John York

Am I alone in getting a bit fed up with having to login every time I visit the site?  I usually come on at least 3 times every day and each time I have to login.  It makes no difference nif I press the 60 mins or 'forever' (is that it?) button, I still have to login.  ::);):(

There's got to be a better way surely.  Perhaps this wouldn't be so necessary if the original registration for the forum was beefed up?

There, that's my moan for the day.  Now I feel better! ;D

John

???I didn't think there were any settings as such Joe.  You just register for the forum and that's it I thought.  You may be right but I've never heard of having 'settings' for a forum login.

I'll have to rely on some knowledgeable Aussie coming along to help me out I think. ;D

John

I'm using Firefox and this recently started happening to me too.  None of my settings in Firefox have changed that I'm aware of, but now I have to Login every time I visit here for some reason.

I had this happen at one point. If I remember correctly I changed my internet security settings from Med-High to Medium.

In your IE toolbar goto:

Tools / Internet Options / security

Drop your the slider down one notch to Medium

Close your brower. Log back into Orbx forums if needed.

When you do that though, you open yourself up alot more. If that does not work then just go back and raise it back up to Med-High. Hope this helps.

Skooby

Just make sure that Firefox is allowed to save Browser-Cookies in the "Options -> Privacy" tab. They are needed for saving the login status. If they are already allowed try deleting an exisiting Cookie for this site, maybe it got corrupted: goto Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies, search for "orbx" and delete all related cookies. Maybe that fixes it.

The same goes for any other browser that you might be using, I just don't know where those have the Cookie options.

Seems I had to delete and re-save my bookmark in Firefox.

The address used to be ...forums/index

now it appears to be ...forums//index

Not sure if that is why or had anything to do with it.

Hi John, I hope the operation went well.  :)

I have found that with medium security settings IE8 was very temperamental at remembering my sign ins. However, since I changed to using Firefox with cookies enabled I haven't had a problem.

Norman

I have been having the same problem as john. This only started about a week ago in firefox. I have since changed to google chrome and experienced the same problems. I'll look further into my settings when I get a chance, but something appears to have changed.  ???

I've been having the same problem for the last few days. If I login to the forums, restart the browser and come back I have to login again, whereas up until a week or so ago I logged in once and that was it forever after. I formatted my Windows drive a few days ago and after starting afresh with Chrome, i.e. no saved passwords, it refuses to give me the option to save the Orbx forums password. Works fine for other websites, the bar drops down from the top and asks whether I want to save, but it never gave me the option here.

Chrome isn't clearing my cookies when it closes so I have no idea what's going on.

Mike

Seems I had to delete and re-save my bookmark in Firefox.

The address used to be ...forums/index

now it appears to be ...forums//index

Not sure if that is why or had anything to do with it.

You are right.The second slash makes the difference.

Old url :

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php

New url:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums//index.php

It works in IE same as well.

Deleting and then saving a new bookmark as above fixed my problem

Pete

Thanks Phil and fellers,

I'll have a look tomorrow but I don't think I have Firefox and my defragger deletes plenty of cookies so I'm sure it's not set to delete them.

Anyway, I think you've all pointed me in a direction I hadn't thought of.  Funny thing is it doesn't happen with all the forums, just one or two FTX being one of them.

John

Yeah it's not a cookie problem for me, as I said earlier other websites work fine, it saves the password, however these forums won't - Chrome won't give me the option of saving it. If I login, leave the site and return I still have to login, despite the login option that asks the number of minutes to stay logged in saying 60 minutes. Even if it was a case of cookies being cleared, which it isn't, that still wouldn't explain why it doesn't keep me logged in even though I haven't closed Chrome. And like I said, other sites work fine, so the problem isn't on my end.

Mike

Believe me Mike, every time that I have had people with problems it was either the wrong bookmark or a wrong cookie or a disallowed cookie or something wrong with the cache, I have 99.97% of all people that login to these forums and have selected the login forever option work without a hitch, it is the 0.03% however that has something wrong on their homesetup

Okay, IE works fine - once logged in I don't have to log in again - but Chrome doesn't. There's something funny happening, because it works with other sites I visit. It's a clean Chrome install, besides adding bookmarks and changing the homepage I haven't fiddled with any settings. I guess it's a Chrome-specific issue, but why only the Orbx forums out of the five or six sites I logon to?

Mike

This one is a little weird. I have just changed my work PC. On the old one I can go straight to the forums and be logged in immediately by going to http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php. On the new box, going to that same url causes me to need to log in every time, regardless of whether I tick the check box or not. However, if I go to http://orbxsystems.com/forums//index.php on the new box I arrive already logged in (i.e. it remembers the check box setting). IE7's settings are identical on both boxes!

Very strange ...

??? Ok, so who's mucking me about?! ::)

I swear I've done nothing to change anything.  Now, each time I click 'Favourites/FTX Community and Support Forums', I get connected straight away......No login necessary.

SShsh.  For Goord's sake don't tell Jay Kae, he'll only find something to alter! ;)::);D

John

Archived