It works fine for me, though the photogrammetry does make it a bit less smooth so I turn it off when flying around the KBUR area.

In answer to a previous post I tested the airport area with Van Nuys active and without, and performance was similar.

My conclusion then was that it's more likely to be an overload due to other addons in the area, a complex airliner, or settings too high for the complex scenery.

10 hours ago, John Dow said:

My conclusion then was that it's more likely to be an overload due to other addons in the area, a complex airliner, or settings too high for the complex scenery.

With all due respect John, your reply does not make sense at all. It is well known that complex airport sceneries (or cities for that matter) lacking any LOD in their models can cause severe performance issues. It is therefore a sensible working standard for MSFS scenery design to add LODs to the 3D models injected in the sim.

So the developer of KNVY has indeed acknowledged the issue and already promised an update leading to performance improvements:

Unfortunately, that promise was made back in July 2021. Further cementing the reputation that if one encounters issues with Orbx sceneries, you have absolutely no guarantee that those will be fixed.

In any case, it doesn't help if you then post that other add-ons would be to blame for performance issues. Yes those CAN cause issues, but if a complex add-on scenery lacks any LODs, why should I suspect my other add-ons? There are more than enough sceneries out there featuring more models at similar detailing level and showing better performance (because they are fitted with LODs). This is known, so an update was promised, but it never arrived. 

• Like 1