Scenery File

VH-AJH

Hi John. You were kind enough to help me once before on an .ini file. I have just loaded xorganiser and wanted to seek your opinion on what exported. I had issues previously with London and GBSouth but that seems to be working ok with Tower Bridge, The eye etc all displaying, just want to make sure Landmarks London sitting in the correct spot within the XO ini. Just flew over Alcatraz and it seemed to be looking a bit "odd" and the line is buried in the airports??. Could this be an issue. Thanks in advance Tony

scenery_packs.ini

Thanks John, My XO export file looks like I have the TE files in the right spot. I did notice you have London straight under Global Airports, does it matter if the rest Chicago / Sydney New York etc are placed there also or do the "need" to be at the bottom. I quizzed XO also and the said the export order was fine with no changes. Manually changing the XO order Im not sure how to do just yet..

London Landmarks is required to be above TEGB South to complete the landmarks around London. TEGB South included some Orbx introduced landmarks but left out making new ones that were already in the Laminar London Landmarks. A good example is the Millennium Dome.

All other landmark files are fine where I placed them for you. So leave them as I placed them.

Regarding XO placing order, you can use it and then double check the scenery_packs again to make sure that especially the True Earth addons are back exactly as I have placed them, by manually cut and paste.

Earlier versions of XO did not place the TE files back in the correct order or placement (including the Laminar London Landmarks) but I believe that the XO dev spoke with our TE Dev to rectify that. I am not sure whether it works or not as I find no need for XO personally. You may want to check with the XO developer on that.

Bottom line is make sure all 3rd party airports are above Global Airports. all TE addons directly below Global airports, all cityscape type addons like Japan Pro etc are below TE, and for tidiness all libraries below your addons of all type, and finally any 3rd party HD mesh at the bottom of the scenery_packs

Thanks John, Looking through XO website it does say they have been consulting with Orbx and everything should be stacking fine with the latest 2.4.0+ https://www.4xplane.nl/documentation/Orbx-scenery/

The XO file I sent you I also sent to to XO support and they con-cured all was fine although your ini reorder is still differs to theirs. I rechecked the Millenium dome in particular and it also looks fine. Im going to load your ini have a fly and see if I can see any differences to the XO file. Just a thought but it might be worth checking with Orbx what the XO conversation was for future tech requests. Thanks again for your help

Just make sure that the True earth addons (plus London landmarks) are placed exactly as I placed them for you whenever you use XO to activate or deactivate a TE scenery.

Don't just expect XO to place the TE files as i have done, but you may need to do it manually if they are not exactly as i have done.