Where Are My Products?

I just went into Orbx Central and clicked on "My Products" and they have disappeared. I know I have the "Backup" option ticked in settings and that the Product files have been moved into the D:\Orbx Products\Central\Backup folder. But what puzzles me is my Library folder I had everything in here, D:\Orbx P3Dv5 has been removed from my drive. It is probably an easy fix, but I am not sure I like the fact that Orbx central is manipulating folders that I have assigned on my computer. I manually added the folder, D:\Orbx P3Dv5 back and copied the product files back into this folder and Orbx Central still does not recognize my installed Products.  Any ideas how I can correct this or do I have to re-install everything? As far as I know I did not carry out this action myself. I am puzzled.

Regards,

Tom

Can someone explain to me the benefit of having Orbx Central backup my installed products? The reason I ask is because all the backup folders I have are, I assume, the files necessary for re-installing the Products. That is fine, but there is no means of triggering a reinstall within Orbx Central. I do not see an "executable"  within the backup folders, nor is there a click spot to start a reinstall. I am in the process of manually (starting over) re-installing all my products after doing just that almost a couple of weeks ago. This is turning out to be a Long Process, as the downloads and installations are very slow (probably busy servers or something of that nature). Here is hoping my installation doesn't disappear again into the blue. I do not have the confidence in  the "Orbx Central" app that I am used to.

Regards,

T

Edited by canadagoose

Hi

If you uninstall a product and then want reinstall it, Orbx Central will simply use the backup files instead of downloading the whole file, yes the terminology used by Orbx Central while reinstalling may say it is downloading, but it is not downloading the complete file, only any new or updated files.

So the benefit would be using less download bandwidth and time.

• Like 1

SOLVED. I have to apologize. I realized hunch as to what had happened here. It was a very simple thing that I should have suspected before now. What I did was, I carelessly (accidently, whatever) moved my entire "Orbx Library" into another folder located just above, rendering Orbx Library to assume I had no Products installed. While  browsing File Explorer I moused (moved) the Orbx folder into another folder, not realizing the error of my ways. Again, sorry for all the commotion over this. If you wish Please delete this Post. It is totally irrelevant.

Regards,

Tom

• Thanks 1