corrupt Terrain.cfg File

I just did a Install for P3Dv5.3 HF1 (Client & Scenery) and i was attempting to "Verify" all my "Global" Installs. In fact when I click on "Verify Files" I get this message:

ERROR: It appears that your terrain.cfg is corrupt or missing. You may need to launch or reinstall the simulator to regenerate it.

I deleted the terrain.cfg file and had the sim rebuild it. I still get the ERROR message. Do I have to uninstall and then reinstall everything to fix this?

Regards,

Tom

Hi Doug, I think that may have fixed it. I had uninstalled one airport, "AYPY" and it is now reinstalling. I also clicked on verify for GLOBAL Base Pack and it is running now. So it looks like everything is back to normal. Thanks so much for your support and have a great Holiday Season.

Regards,

Tom

• Like 1

I also have encountered this problem and the suggestions in this thread did not solve the problem

I did this

1) Uninstall the P3D client and scenery
2) Re install the P3D client and scenery from the latest 5.3 HF1 package
3) Run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory
4) Run P3D

Also uninstalling global and when try to reinstall get the error message

10 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

If you navigate to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5...is there a "terrain.cfg" file in the folder? Or a "terrain.cfg.backup" file?

Yes there is a terrain.cfg