Elevation Issues

Ok; great. I’ll be able to do that in a little while. I thought I’d do a “short-style” (i.e., w/o removing scenery) uninstall/reinstall of P3D, as well… for the heck of it. I’ll report-back once complete.

As an aside, you seem to have both NA SoCal & TE SoCal installed. I didn’t install NA SoCal because I assumed it would conflict w/ TE SoCal. Is that a mistaken assumption?

Also, in case it might be diagnostically significant, I’m seeing forests of trees in the Pacific Ocean off W04 Ocean Shores, and Puget Sound near Seattle always has what appear to be cities under the water.

6 hours ago, cheeselo said:

As an aside, you seem to have both NA SoCal & TE SoCal installed. I didn’t install NA SoCal because I assumed it would conflict w/ TE SoCal. Is that a mistaken assumption?

No, there would be no conflict, but TE being photo based scenery will always just over ride any landclass scenery.

Sorry. Was away from my computer for a few days.

Okay; I searched for the airports. Found only 3 shortcuts. A 2d search returned nothing. I uninstalled/reinstalled TE SCA region, the CRM region, and TE Washington. Verifed. Tested. Same thing.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled (as administrator) P3d into its default folder in Program Files. All Orbx is in the P3d folder except the airports, Orbx Libraries and ObjectFlow, which are in Central libraries.

Sadly, planes still sunk into tarmac at W04, and still 50' in the air at KELN. Weird stuff, like buildings under water, forests in the Pacific, etc. in other sceneries, but we've been using those 2.

Do you think maybe its something in the registry? I dread a re-format and start-over, but I'd like to avoid it if I can.

Hi, no worries

With the amount of time and work you have already put into this and got nowhere, I think the only logical thing to do is a full system re-format and rebuild. I know if it was me, that's what I would be doing. :)

But this time, install P3D and do not add anything unit you confirm the default simulator is working as it should first.

OK; I've re-formatted the hard drive, re-installed the operating system w/ latest & greatest, and re-installed P3d "bare bones" (Orbx not installed).

I checked-out Palm Springs, 29 Palms, W04 here at Ocean Shores, KELN at Ellensburg (all the ones we've been using), with P3d's default scenery (ugly as it is!). The only elevation issue was a slight levitating of some buildings at W04 (as viewed from parking spot 1). But, all the elevation issues were otherwise not present.

I was next going to re-install Orbx, but thought I'd best check with you first to see if there was any order or technique you wanted me to try. 

Well, I am tickled to report that the world's Guiness Book record-holder support ticket can be closed. God-only know what was wrong or what was fixed or how --since over the past month we've individually tested every possibility cause, but the computer goblins have apparently voted to grant us a reprieve! For now. They're always there somewhere.

I started testing --serially-- after each application, beginning with the installation of Base, then Vector, LC North America, region Pacific Northwest and finally TE Washington. Although, of course, its too early to know if its a complete fix, but when I tested with all of the airports you and I have used, there were no crazy elevations, levitating buildings or tarmac-burrowing airplanes! Looks great!

Thank you so much for your generous provision of time and expertise. It turns-out that the most likely answer is that it was the Russians!  :unsure: 

Thanks again.