FT EHAM V2 and TE NE Insert Point problem

Hi Doug,

After installing FT EHAM V2, all looked and worked correctly with TE Netherlands, all good.

I ran a verify files on US Libraries and then installed ChasePlane and some Immersion products.  Loaded up P3D at EHAM and I got the default EHAM? 

I went to set the Insertion Point and as suggested used the lowest 3rd party scenery entry will was listed in the drop down as FlyTampa-Libraries (see attached images).  Notice the FlyTampa-Libraries is on top but FlyTampa-Amsterdam and FlyTampa-Amsterdam_Terrain are still below Orbx NE entries?  I can manually change the file but I fear the next time I add an Orbx product it will get reset back to being incorrect.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

OrbxFTEHAMScenerycfg.jpg

OrbxFTEHAM.jpg

OrbxFTEHAMInsert.jpg

I was able to resolve this, by iterating thru Insert Points selecting each FlyTampa entry until resolved and they all correctly appear above Orbx.

There doesn't appear to be any way determine "order" and the suggestion to select the lowest doesn't seem to work well.

Cheers, Rob.

OrbxFTEHAMScenerycfg2.jpg

OrbxFTEHAMScenerycfg3.jpg

Hi Rob

Looks Great!

I believe the items grayed out that are the items installed outside the simulator via .xml method do not require to be in any particular order, as the order can't be changed anyway. Also, the list in the Orbx Central drop down menu for insertion point is not meant to duplicate the scenery library list of the sim.

I also believe the concept of using the lowest 3rd party entry as a rule of thumb was meant for mostly items that are installed in the scenery.cfg (sim folder).

Good to see you have found the correct location for the insertion point, as it seems it is not as straight forward as we would like lol. :)

Hi Doug,

Yeah, it's guess as far I think which thru me for a loop ... I'm still not sure exactly why it's working now so need to research a bit more as I don't understand why it went from a good "working state" to a not good "working state".

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Rob Ainscough
  • Like 1