P3d v5.3 not Recognized

Doc_Z

I installed P3d 5.3 following Nick's guidelines.  Seems to have installed correctly, but Central does not recognize P3d in the drop down, only MSFS. I don't think any Orbx scenery is loaded (is there a specific scenery to test?). 

I also found a leftover Orbx folder in the P3ds root.  It had a several of folders in it.  One was FTX_AU, which had an  FTXAA_ORBXLibs folder, with a scenery folder inside that contained OF_Config.xml.  Another was FTX_GLOBAL, which had FTX_AA_ESKS inside. There was also a Config folder with esks-config.json inside. The other was Scripts with orbx_cpl_ESKS.xml inside. What should I do with these?

Who knows?  I turned ff my computer last night adn when I turned it on this morning, P32ds v5 was recognized by Central and synced with no problems.  The second half of my post above still needs an answer. 

I have an Orbx folder in the P3d v5 root folder n my F drive as described above.  The Orbx Library is on my G folder.  There is also an Orbx folder on that drive that contains what is on the F drive along with several other folders that contain empty folder with the exception of a Scripts folder that contains numerous folders with items in them as well as several  files.  There is also a SODE  Data folder with Orbx filers in it and a Troubleshooter folder.

26 minutes ago, Doc_Z said:

There is also an Orbx folder on that drive that contains what is on the F drive along with several other folders that contain empty folder with the exception of a Scripts folder that contains numerous folders with items in them as well as several  files.  There is also a SODE  Data folder with Orbx filers in it and a Troubleshooter folder.

I would say it is safe to delete this other folder on your F drive, but maybe just cut and paste it to your desk top and test before deleting it.

Hi

Ya sorry, its actually confusing trying to imagine what is where on your system now without being able to look through it.

Probably the best way is for you to please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5. Then we can actually see what is where.

Please note: Do not open the files and copy and paste the contents, just attach the files.