May I suggest an eventual future addon?

Just Fly

Hi there!

When I saw the last 3W5 video preview (the one that is now on the main fullterrain.com page), I have been (again, as usual ;) ) very impressed by your new product! It will sure be on my "Must Have" list! Congratulations, you're making simply awesome work. Some people think that perfection cannot be reached - looking at your work I don't.

I watched this video two or three times and I had an idea. Hope ORBX's customers may suggest products: the radio calls added by John are really great. I would (personally) love to have such voices on my FSX COMM radio (I'm sure some people would too). The product I'd like to suggest is an ATC sound remplacement pack, which would remplace the default ATC dialogs by this realistic and wonderful-to-hear radio chat.

Maybe there are already such freeware packs. I suggest it to you because of my experience with the ambient sounds included with your addons, which are really... real.

That's only a suggestion and I will completely agree with you if you'll say that you have other priorities: I just love the quality of your addons, so I will be happy with anything you make!

Cheers,

Just Fly

Not knowing how ATC really sounds, the only very small moan I have with normal FSX ATC is the mid-atlantic accents they all have and the fact that my pilot voice doesn't sound anything like me although that may be a good thing?! ;D

Having said that, I know the UK pilots have the same accents, certainly on BA, as the Americans, but I would have thought that the Europeans, while speaking English, and the Australians/New Zealanders speaking their versions of the language would have an inflection in their voices to show their origins.  Perhaps that's just one of those things that isn't possible though? :-\

John

This is definitely a great Idea with the amount of Australians and Kiwi's that frequent here, in theory all we'd have to do is each record a voice dialog. save it and override an existing file that default ATC uses.. Ive done it for FSpax where it says "Attention Passengers this is your captain Josh Cliff... yadda yadda yadda"..

But I have a feeling the ATC would be much more complex than this.. yes/no??

Great idea, but not our core competency and not something we'd invest development time on in the short term.

The simplest way to add that random ATC and radio chatter atmosphere is to just scour the Internet for those types of sounds, then using an audio editor (like AVS) string them all together into an hour long mp3 file which you play in Windows Media Player before you start FSX. Make sure the first 2-3 minutes is silence and leave 30-90 seconds silence between each bit of chatter or crackle. That would certainly feel like your radio is alive without having too much repetition.

Archived