Burbank altitude issue

When landing at KBUR at runway 33, buildings on the right side and static a/c are deeply sunken in the ground and some buildings are missing. This occurs only when KBUR is my destination airport. If I start my flight from KBUR everything is fine.

Initially would try this:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

On what are this suggestions based on? Except the RC I prefer not to delete MSFS files manually. Is this really safe? And why does the issue only(!) appear on landing?

Edited by hjmx

Totally safe and can resolve scenery issues etc. 

See this link: 

Many users have found this useful especially after MSFS updates. It would not be posted if it had any risks to the integrity of the sim.

The content.xml and the simulator.dat contents are rebuilt automatically when MSFS is next started. 

As to why the anomaly occurs at KBUR on landing is something not previously reported until your report.

Can you advise me that you have the latest updated version of KBUR which should be v1.0.1

Also please do the recommended test of renaming your Community folder to Community.x and make a new Community folder and drag and drop KBUR into a new Community folder. Run a test flight from and to KBUR and advise if the issue persists please.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Totally safe and can resolve scenery issues etc. 

See this link: 

Many users have found this useful especially after MSFS updates. It would not be posted if it had any risks to the integrity of the sim.

The content.xml and the simulator.dat contents are rebuilt automatically when MSFS is next started. 

As to why the anomaly occurs at KBUR on landing is something not previously reported until your report.

Can you advise me that you have the latest updated version of KBUR which should be v1.0.1

Also please do the recommended test of renaming your Community folder to Community.x and make a new Community folder and drag and drop KBUR into a new Community folder. Run a test flight from and to KBUR and advise if the issue persists please.

Thank you. I will do as you suggested and test it later today. I have the current KBUR version installed.

This is strange. After taxi to the main building and another 5 minutes (!) at the gates, the scenery refreshes automatically back to normal. I have no other add-ons except Orbx active.

30 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

Can you confirm that after the recent sim update 6 you went to the Content Manager and installed all the updates to the World Updates in particular the update to the USA?

Yes, I can confirm. It seems to me that KBUR is not completely loaded on approach. I did an extended left traffic pattern with the same results. Take off at runway 33 - all buildings correct - landing at runway 33 - objects missing/sunken into ground. After landing and taxiing and another 2-3 minutes, KBUR reloads the missing parts and all is fine again.

I may add, that I don't use any UserCfg.opt modifications. Settings are on Ultra, Terrain LOD 400, rendering at 125. I don't have any related issues at other airports.

Try altering the LOD back to 200 and report back. Also what is your screen resolution please? 

The addon is fine, it is something your end that is causing the delay in loading the scenery correctly and that can be related to PC specs and in sim settings.

1 hour ago, Jon Clarke said:

Try altering the LOD back to 200 and report back. Also what is your screen resolution please? 

The addon is fine, it is something your end that is causing the delay in loading the scenery correctly and that can be related to PC specs and in sim settings.

My resolution is 3440x1440 with a RTX 3900. Please, see also my PC specs in my signature. Performance wise, I would say that my PC is well equipped. I'm able to use ULTRA settings with LOD 400 at any other places where I have much more demanding add-ons installed (e.g. Seattle/Vancouver area). No issues there. This extreme delay in loading a scenery I experience only with Orbx KBUR.

But as you suggested, I tried with LOD 200, and indeed, scenery gets loaded correctly during landing approach. Apart from this, I hope that Orbx will look into this issue, because I prefer to use visual settings as high as possible as long as my frame rate is > 30 fps. Maybe it is only a small thing that hinders KBUR to render w/o delay at LOD 400. Saying the add-on is fine is not enough in my opinion. We will get better hardware and better visuals in the future and Orbx should not stay behind.

Thanks for your time and your suggestions!

Edited by hjmx