Central Fatally Damaged?

hjmx

Out of a sudden, Orbx Central does not work anymore. It is even worse because when I start the app the computer either hangs and I have to do a cold start or I get directly a BSOD. All other programs including sims work fine. What can I do?

Edited by hjmx

Hello,

please first try reinstalling it.

Uninstall Orbx Central using the Windows Control Panel and then delete

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\orbx-central-updater and 

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central.

Then reinstall it from any of the "Get Central" links at Orbx Direct

• Like 1

Thanks, but unfortunately, this did not help. I followed your instructions in every detail, restarted my PC and installed Orbx Central from Orbx Direct download.

As soon as I double click the OC icon I get:

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

Edited by hjmx

Hello,

did you also replace the shortcut and have you tried starting it from

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Programs\orbx-central\Orbx Central.exe

Your error message appears to be connected to hardware, rather than software.

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000028099/processors/intel-core-processors.html

Could be, but I doubt it. The only BSODs I had in recent years were connect with Orbx Central. I had the problem some months ago but got it cured via a System Restore.  As mentioned already, everything on this PC runs correctly, MSFS and P3D included.

Got it work again ... Don't ask how. Two System Restore actions to a recent restore point, several uninstalls and reinstalls, but finally OC runs on my computer again.

I have still some hassle with the library. Each time I run OC, I get the Welcome Screen and it wants me to set up libraries. I've then scanned for my existing libraries and it found two which is correct. Activated/added both and they seem to be active because OC already showed an available update for NZ.

How can I get rid of the Welcome Screen/asking for libraries?