Can't load MSFS2020 when LOWI is installed

Hi,

I had LOWI installed now since about 10 months and everything worked fine.

As of a few weeks ago the simulator gets stuck on the blue progress line after I click fly.

I have to uninstall LOWI from the Marketplace and then MSFS2020 does load the selected airport (including LOWI std.) and aircraft. With LOWI installed and a different airport selected, it will NOT complete the loading process.

Anyone ever seen a similar problem?

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Hi Juergen, when you install Orbx LOWI next go into your content manager

and find the Asobo version of LOWI and uninstall it as it will conflict with the

Orbx version. Other than that little suggestion I would also advise you to empty

your cache folder as well. If that does not work there are another couple of things

you can try, but let's not complicate things at this stage. Do not concern yourself

about the uninstall of the Asobo version because you can just reverse the procedure

with no issue if you need to. Do hope this helps.

Kevin

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Kevin,

Question: How exactly do you "empty the cache folder"? I have the store version of MSFS2020.

Thanks

Juergen

Hi Juergen, sorry for the late reply (time zone) and I've been a bit busy.

Light up the simulator and when it's finished doing it's thing click on options up

the top then General Options. the next screen opens in the Graphics section.

On the left side of the screen in blue there is a list of options, click on Data.

Scroll down to the bottom of the data screen and you will find an option to

delete your rolling cache file. It will rebuild itself without any problem.

Do make sure that you disable Asobo LOWI in your content manager before you

delete your cache. Look on the left side of the content manager screen and you 

have an option to show scenery not installed tick that and it will be easy to see if

it is inactive. If it is not there then it will still be active and you will have to scroll

down on the right side of the screen until you find it. Then simply uninstall it.

Sorry to be a bit long winded but it's the best I can do. Don't ya love these flight sims?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I followed your instructions - deleted ASOBO LOWI and deleted the Rolling Cache file -, and re-installed Orbx LOWI. Started the simulator, selected LOWI and pressed fly - the sim loading STOPPED at approx. 1/2 of the blue loading line and would not load completely.

I than deleted Orbx LOWI again, re-installed MSFS LOWI and loaded the sim again - this time the sim finished loading and I could continue.

So it definitely has something to do with Orbx LOWI that the sim does not finish loading.

If you have other suggestions I could try I would certainly appreciate it.

P.S. "Don't ya love these flight sims?" I can't see anyone that is still in the workforce to be using a flight simulator. Just to find out that my issue is somehow related to LOWI took my 3 days. To solve the problem?????? However, when everything is working together it is certainly a enjoyable hobby.

Juergen (KSRQ)

Hello,

I am making ther assumption that you bought your copy of Orbx LOWI from the Marketplace.

Please rename your Community folder to CommunityX.

Then take these steps:

1. Delete any rolling cache.

2. Delete the Content.xml file.

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml)

3. Delete the simulator .dat files

(AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes\*.dat)

Uninstall Asobo LOWI and install Orbx LOWI.

Then run the simulator and see if it loads.

Hi Nick,

I renamed the Community folder, performed steps 1 to 3 uninstalled ASOB LOWI, reinstalled Orbx LOWI, restarted the simulator and loaded a flight to LOWI. Again the simulator got stuck on the blue loading bar approx. at 50%. I then renamed the Community folder, uninstalled Orbx LOWI and reinstalled ASOBO Lowi. Now the simulator finished loading and I can perform a flight.

So any other suggestions I could try?

Thanks for help

Juergen

Hi Juergen, not good to see that you have still have problems, it is

sure a beast of a platform when it wants to be.

Nick is on to it and I can not offer anything further at this stage.

As Nick says let's see what the next update fixes and breaks :banghead:

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick & Kevin,

After the latest world update, I loaded a flight with LOWI re-installed. It loaded fine and I could proceed. So I loaded a flight  from LSZH to LOWI and all went well again. So I think the latest update resolved my issue.

Thanks for help

Juergen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1