Edgley Optica bounces along runway and won't take off

I can't get the Optica to lift off. With full throttle it accelerates to about 35 knots and then the nose wheel lifts off. As speed increases the main wheels start to bounce and skid on the runway and speed will not get above about 50 knots and the stall warning starts beeping. I have tried 2 different joysticks as well as using the throttle in the sim to see if I can get more engine power (it tops out at about 2300rpm) with no success. I have tried adding more forward ballast to hold the nose wheel down to no effect. I have tried various levels of positive and negative trim and flap settings with no success.

Can anyone suggest anything else I should try?

Hi Nick,

Thanks, already spotted this. Looks like one of the recent sim updates set the model back to Legacy and I didn't notice. It's been on Modern since I bought the sim.

Everything working perfectly now.

• Upvote 1

I could not seem to get enough power to climb after takeoff. I was starting each flight on active runway with engine running. I finally noticed that the mixture was setting itself less than half. After setting mixture to full, I've had no more issues with this aircraft and find it to be a great little sight seeing plane for low and slow flights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...