Key West International Crashes MSFS

Everything was beautiful at Key West before the latest version of MSFS.  After the SU5 update Key West will crash to desk top every time I load the simulator. To check, I uninstalled the Orbx Package and started the simulator. The default scenery loaded just fine, no issues...  It is my assumption that SU5 has cause a conflict with the Orbx Key West Scenery, I am asking for someone to check if this is true or not, as for now I will be  flying out of Key West on the default scenery until a update is available....

Respectfully:

David....

Hi David

KEYW works fine for me after the update of the simulator, I can load straight in and no CTD's. I even have Photogrammetry turned on.

Please try the below troubleshooting steps.

First rename your Community folder to CommunityX.

Then create a new Community folder and install just this one product.

Then try again.

If that doesn't work.

You could also try deleting the content.xml, and the .dat files in the Scenery Indexes folder, found at (WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1134115858-2033878937-1563933265-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache) and also deleting and turning off the rolling cache.

MSFS Files Location.PNG

Hi Doug!

G-Day!!!

Thanks for your response, why should I do all of the things that you suggested? When all of the other 32 items for MSFS and the 92 sceneries for FSX that I have purchased from Orbx work just fine including several aircraft in that 124. 

If Orbx finds a issue with the scenery then it will be fixed, I can wait for the update... It is to technical for me to start renaming files, deleting objects, renaming folders, searching for items and all the other things I would have to do, just to get this scenery to work... 

This a pay ware item, and I'm having a issue with this scenery and nothing else.... I have deleted it from my community folder and I will reinstall when a update is available...

Thanks again for your input, but I am not a programmer, nor a genius at figuring out a installment issue's for that I have Orbx...

Thank you again, but I'll wait till the developer finds a fix...

Respectfully:

David...

• Confused 2

Hi David

There may be no update required, as we have had no other reports of anyone else having issues with KEYW.

There is probably a conflict with one of your other addons, this is why we ask you to do these troubleshooting steps to help you.

They are very quick easy steps, and with the mass amounts of other 3rd party addons that are and will continue to cause conflicts moving forward, it would be very handy to know how to do them.

These troubleshooting steps have already helped many many others that prefer to keep adding to there community folders, also, there is already so much freeware available that has potential to cause conflicts.

When there are sim updates by Asobo it can, for some, cause a disruption to their MSFS installation and especially to the scenery and content configurations.

What Doug offered assistance wise was a known potential fix for those issues. Your experience of Key West crashing MSFS is not a shared experience by all Key West users. As Doug indicates it could be a clash of addons and not an issue with Key West.

There is way of testing that theory but it may again be deemed by you as too technical.

I will however tell you what it is and leave you to decide if you are willing to do it:

1. Rename your Community folder to Community.x

2. Make a new folder called Community

3. Drag Key West into the new Community folder.

4. Load a flight from Key West and see if the sim crashes

• Like 1

Doug, Jon:

I did exactly how you stated and installed only the Key West Scenery in a temporary "Community" folder. Guess What! It still crashed to desk top.... So now that I'm sure that it is the scenery package can you guy's look to see if this is happening to anyone else? I'll remove Key West till there is a fix....

Respectfully:

David...

Thanks David

You are the only one that has zeroed in on Key West as the culprit, but many others have the same CTD issue but are able to zero in on other products causing it. 

I would like to ask you to please try the other part of the process in my initial response, this is not a process for troubleshooting only Orbx products, but for any products you may encounter problems with in this new simulator. It has proven to resolve many of those others issues as well.

1. Navigate to WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1134115858-2033878937-1563933265-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache.

2. Right click on the two items I have shown in the image above one at a time and select "delete".

3. Leave only the Key West product in the community folder.

4. Open Orbx Central and locate the KEYW product and click on the "verify files" function.

5. Close Orbx Central and restart the simulator and go into the General Options DATA settings and delete and turn off the rolling cache. It seems the rolling cache of the simulator will store files even if they are corrupt causing problems for many.

6. Then load into Key West.

Hey Doug and Jon:

I got it to work! Hallelujah! but not they way you asked me to... Before I attempted the method you laid out. I reinstalled it into option 2 the "Main Library" that the installer has with it.  And Voila! the scenery runs! After successfully installing I deleted all of the Orbx sceneries from the "Community Folder", then I restarted my PC, after checking again that the scenery continued to work, I reinstalled all the Orbx sceneries into the "Main Library Option" completely bypassing the "Community" folder... Since then I have gone through about have the sceneries activating each to check if they are loading and running.... I have not found any issue so far....

Thanks for your patience and guidance....

Respectfully:

David......

• Like 1