ESMS Malmo/Sturup some taxisigns are underground.

Hi,

I am not sure if this happened due to the Nordic update, but the runway exit taxi-signs, circled in the attached screenshot, are underground. I checked that they are actually there with a terra-forming test. I think they just need to be placed separately due to the sloped/elevated terrain made for the airport between the runway and taxiway/apron. Sometimes the far end signs show up, depending on runway selected for loading the sim.

Thanks,

Steve

ESMS rwy exit taxi-signs.jpg

Hi

Please first rename your Community folder to CommunityX.

Then create a new Community folder and install just this one product.

Then try again.

You could also try deleting the content.xml, and the .dat files in the Scenery Indexes folder, and also deleting and turning off the rolling cache.

image.png.dbeda10996cfbb7a023d280bc57af9e6.png

Hi

In that case, I would just try deleting the content.xml, and the .dat files in the Scenery Indexes folder, and also deleting and turning off the rolling cache.

Not sure if others are having the same issue with trees in the wrong spots, but I do know that when ESMS is installed via Orbx Central there is no tree issues.

Doug,

I have already tried all the usual troubleshooting stuff you mention above, plus the new "Ultra settings bug" test as per the video. This does not solve the issue with the taxi signs along the runway being below ground. Do you or anyone else have these signs visible?

All the taxi-signs are combined into a file called "esms-skyltar" and are attached to the ground at the lower taxiway/apron elevation. Therefore the ones at the higher runway elevation end up underground. Attached are 2 screenshots. One is with the Orbx-ESMS elevation at one of the taxi-signs and the other one is with a temporary "terraform polygon" around the same sign, which makes the sign show up. 

Steve

ESMS raw.jpg

ESMS with temp terraform.jpg

Hey there!

I will have a look at it.

From earlier versions I know that the taxisigns might end up below surface if flying from the airport and returning to it making it reload some of the assets, but maybe the nordic update forced it underground for good. I will have a look, and we have moving jetways on the way as well!

Trying to put my focus at one place at the time at the moment so need to get ESSB out of the way then ESGG and ESMS will get their updates.

Cheers,

Marcus

• Like 1