Mesh issue on Norfolk Island freeware scenery

Hello everyone!

I've a bit of a mesh issue at a freeware scenery airport I flew in few hours ago. It is Norfolk Island Airport, link is at the bottom of this post. I forgot to add this scenery to my library so I did this en-route. During approach, landing and parking everything was fine. Then I reloaded the sim as GSX somewhere during the flight stopped working. After reloading I noticed that the mesh is rising above some parts of the runway (screenshot 1). I checked the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC) and run the Auto-Configurator two times, bit this made no difference. Then I tried disabling this scenery. The airport sunk very deep in the ground (screenshot 2). Again, tried AEC settings but this made no difference. With, or without this freeware scenery I can't get this airport as it should. Tried enabling/disabling AEC; enabling/disabling this freeware scenery for this airport and all different combinations for a couple of hours. But the effect now is always either screenshot 1, or screenshot 2.

How can I solve this? I prefer using this freeware scenery - I really want to revisit this island several times. But, if it's not possible how I can then get the default scenery back working?

My Orbx add-ons: Global BASE Pack, Global VECTOR and Global openLC Europe.

Richard

--

Screenshot 1:

WithFreeware.thumb.jpg.3eb94110c478464109ff9d7583c82a61.jpg

Screenshot 2:

WithoutFreeware.thumb.jpg.c8b04221ab46aba66a38580c43fbba09.jpg

Scenery freeware link:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=144089

Hello,

we don't really support other developers' products but I have tried it it certainly looks a lot less bad if Vector is disabled.

Possibly the main problem is that it is made for FSX and this is P3D v4.

Here is how it looks to me without any Orbx products at all.

3.jpg

You can restore the original by deleting the two scenery library entries and then the files.

Between the moments I added this add-on and removed it I didn't made any changes.

After removing YSNF freeware, I removed Orbx NZQN, verified the files of Global VECTOR and added Orbx NZQN back. NZWQ looks almost the same as screenshot 1 in my opening post. If you don't think its related I can open a separate topic for this.

I tried removing Vector from my system. Unfortunately, I now have the issue that the sim sometime start, sometimes not. When I open Prepar3D, I see the splash screen. And after a few seconds back to the desktop. No event viewer entry. Also tried deleting my Prepar3D.cfg file. I think roughly less than a quarter of the attempts to start succeed. In the moments P3D starts I still have the mesh issues at both YSNF and NZQN.

Hello,

perhaps it is a good moment to try the simulator with no addons.

If they are all in the scenery library, deselect them all.

If they are all xml addons, then you can use "replace all" in Notepad

to change Active=True to Active=False in your add-ons.cfg file(s).

Once you have done that, the simulator will be back to default.

Use a default aircraft as well, the Maule is a good one and see if your problems are still there.