Really Slow download speeds with MSFS download through Orbx Central

I have numerous Orbx products in P3D, XP11 and am now building up my library in MSFS, that said, the download speed, for MSFS airports and scenery are painfully slow. They start off at about 30MB/S for the first 50-100MBs then slow down to 40KB/S for the remaining download. it is ONLY MSFS that is affected, when updating P3D or XP11 I get a solid 20MB/s. A speedtest check shows all good with my connection as indicated in the attachment  Any thoughts on why this is only happening with MSFS.

Steve

orbx speeds.jpg

speedtest.jpg

Almost guaranteed to be your ISP or some server up the line throttling the downloads because something has triggered the download as a torrent or P2P.  Orbx has no control over such things downstream from its servers.

If a number of users experience the same problem Orbx of course will check.  BTW there's a link somewhere to check the status of the Orbx servers, I think I accessed it from the download page but not sure.

Thanks John,

Just seems strange that I download MSFS at the slow rate, can pause it, then immediately download a P3D update and get a consistent high rate for the whole download, go back to the MSFS download and the slow rate returns

1 hour ago, Striker said:

Thanks John,

Just seems strange that I download MSFS at the slow rate, can pause it, then immediately download a P3D update and get a consistent high rate for the whole download, go back to the MSFS download and the slow rate returns

That's exactly what these ISP and server farms do, they decide a file is probably P2P or a torrent and put a throttle on it. Usually servers are reset at least every 48 hours so it should return to normal