Unable to free up C Drive Space Despite Uninstalling Orbx Regions from D Drive

Lepres

I have recently installed P3D and would like to gradually transition from FSX over to P3D (both installed to D Drive). Had purchased numerous Orbx regions and airports for FSX, but whenever I Uninstall regions from FSX (in D drive), while D drive space increased, the C free space *DECREASED* !

Also, whenever I install those purchased regions over to P3D (in D drive), the C space Decreases too ! My C drive is SSD and has very limited space. What can I do to INCREASE the C drive free space? I would like to eventually move most Orbx regions to P3D, leaving only a few at FSX.

Any advice most appreciated.

Hello,

you will find the means to prevent Orbx Central from using the C drive on the Downloader page.

Please change the temporary location away from the C drive and your problem should go away.

It should be noted that the P3D installer also adds the complete extracted download to

C:\ProgramData\Package Cache.

Thank you Nick. Will look into that.

My C Package Cache has grown to HUGE size and there is rather little space left in C. Should I delete that cache or move it to D drive? Read online that better to move than delete, but would have to do a mklink the old path to the new path. Is this method of moving safe? Anyone has experience in this? Thanks!

Thanks again Nick.

I just realized there is another fix -- move the huge Orbx backup folder to the D drive. Had forgotten that it was on the C all along. So now I have reclaimed back a nice piece of hard disk estate !