Cape Town Download

Probably a freeware download interfering with this scenery.

To check, rename your Community folder to something like Community-X.

Create a new Community folder.  Move the Cape Town scenery from the Community-X to the Community folder.  (If you use a Library for MSFS addons it will be the shortcut that you move).

If it fixes the problem you can move your payware sceneries back in, check it still works, and then track down the culprit by moving your freeware sceneries in in small batches, testing each time.

Hi John,

I was so upset that I deleted Cape Town. I have since downloaded everything again and did what you have suggested. When I open up flight sim, choose an aircraft and click onto Cape Town the sim crashes / bombs out. I have attempted all the other airports and they all work fine. My last attempt was to only place the short cut into my community folder. Went through the process again and it bombs out. Even if I have nothing in the Community Folder it still bombs out in Flight Sim when choosing Cape Town.

Have you any other suggestions?

Kind Regards

Greg

Sometimes deleting a couple of files seems to help, content.xml is one, and there's another that escapes me, but I think a search for your problem should throw up some options.  That would be my next guess.  It's 1am here I'll tag Nick Cooper he generally has a better memory than me :-)

@Nick Cooper

Hello,

other things to delete are your rolling cache, if you have one and the contents of

AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes.

If you are having trouble at Cape Town even without the Orbx product, do you have anything installed

that you bought from the Microsoft Store?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in touch with me. I have downloaded the new/latest Flight Simulator Pack. There is nothing in my Community Folder just the Short Cut Orbx - Landmarks - Cape Town Folder. When I started up Flight Sim it recognizers Cape Town in Content Manager but it says not installed in the Community Folder even though the short cut is there. So I don't know what to do. I am so disappointed as it is my home town.

Kind Regards

Greg 

Hello,

the latest update to MSFS has apparently restored the previously fixed anomaly which meant that "Not Installed" in the Content Manager

actually means installed, whereas no instance of it at all means that it really is not installed.

Can you fly over it now to compare it with the product screen shots?

Hi Nick,

I have literally spent too much time trying things out. After all this I decided to delete Cape Town and not use Orbx Central. Instead I have taken a loss and re-purchased from Flight Centre's Market which you guys will score. I have REX weather and won't buy again from Orbx Central.

Regards

Greg

Just to check I just loaded up Cape Town and went for a fly all around, works perfectly.

Must be a reason for your troubles unique to your setup, as no-one else has reported this issue.

My Landmarks Cape Town City Pack in my MSFS Library is 5.09GB, 1374 files in 12 folders.  Is that what you're seeing?

The shortcut in the MSFS Packages Community folder is Landmarks Cape Town City Pack.

Archived