Major TE GB issues...misaligned tiles, giant chasms into the earth, runways with huge V's in them.

Attached are just 3 examples of issues with TE GB, there are misaligned tiles all over GB, EGPT runway as you can see has a huge V in the middle of it, in addition the asphalt runways has the ortho texture runway next to it and a different angle with runway markings off in the grass. There are seaplane bases with no water at them

See seaplane pic and other EGPT issue in the link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HcEvbTXlyycPqbJg2

What is Orbx plan to rectify all these issues or provide possible full/partial refunds if they can't be fixed? I'm sure people would rather have them fixed than not own it as it could be a solid product. We've confirmed multiple users have this issue, it is not specific to any one person.

gare loch 2.png

misaligned tiles.png

Perth EGPT runway issue.png

Please attach your scenery_packs.ini and indicate the location of where your pics are taken at. I want to check if I see the same, especially at the location of pic 1.

Please also advise me about the "multiple users" having the same issues. TEGB addons have been out for several years now and I do not recall reports on the forums here of such anomalies and customers wanting refunds.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 7:12 AM, Jon Clarke said:

I see no "huge V" at EGPT:

EGPT1.thumb.JPG.5ed827b156cebf1269b6c0a5dce63cce.JPG

I have all those issues too and since in XP mesh and ortho are inseparable, I don't see how that could be an issue for just some people. Anyway, what about the misaligned tiles, they are visible in your screenshot I quoted above too. Or the massive cracks in the world, the camera goes totally crazy when flying above them too. Also the the seaplane bases not having water is really annoying, I wanted to fly around in a seaplane but some lakes do have water and some don't which is not great already, but the only lake with seaplane bases in Scotland not having water is really annoying.

When it works the scenery does look amazing, but I encountered all those issues in literally my first flight over it. Is there any chance these will get fixed?

On 6/3/2021 at 12:00 AM, Jon Clarke said:

Please attach your scenery_packs.ini and indicate the location of where your pics are taken at. I want to check if I see the same, especially at the location of pic 1.

Please also advise me about the "multiple users" having the same issues. TEGB addons have been out for several years now and I do not recall reports on the forums here of such anomalies and customers wanting refunds.

unknown.png

scenery_packs.ini

@sluflyer06Thanks you for your comments. I too had to chuckle when I opened your scenery_packs file:)

Your scenery_packs layering is al wrong. All TE addons should be directly below Global Airports. Yours are all above Global Airports and can cause conflicts and mesh issues.

I have rearranged it correctly for you as attached below.

Now to the airport V.

I realised that in my pic it shows no V because i have a freeware version of EGPT from xplane.org which removed the V. So you are correct in that the Laminar default airport does have a V.

I have also attached a zipped copy of that addon if you wish to use it. It is an addon that is OK to distribute.

Regarding the ghost runway I will look into that as the TEGB packs had an Airports file as well except for TEGB North. Those airport files were to deal with alignment variations between default scenery and the photo scenery.

scenery_packs.ini

EGPT_Scenery_Pack.zip

@Tony Wroblewski for comment when available lease.

5 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

@sluflyer06Thanks you for your comments. I too had to chuckle when I opened your scenery_packs file:)

Your scenery_packs layering is al wrong. All TE addons should be directly below Global Airports. Yours are all above Global Airports and can cause conflicts and mesh issues.

I have rearranged it correctly for you as attached below.

Now to the airport V.

I realised that in my pic it shows no V because i have a freeware version of EGPT from xplane.org which removed the V. So you are correct in that the Laminar default airport does have a V.

I have also attached a zipped copy of that addon if you wish to use it. It is an addon that is OK to distribute.

Regarding the ghost runway I will look into that as the TEGB packs had an Airports file as well except for TEGB North. Those airport files were to deal with alignment variations between default scenery and the photo scenery.

scenery_packs.ini 3.59 kB · 0 downloads

EGPT_Scenery_Pack.zip 18.09 kB · 0 downloads

@Tony Wroblewski for comment when available lease.

My ortho loading order for my real scenery ini already is like what you suggested, with Ortho and overlays below global airports and the airports folders above l. I had to strip out and move tons of folders to make a clean test for you(to make it fair and not have other add-ons and ortho) so the scenery.ini for rebuilt by xplane, my normal .ini I made myself i didn't let xplane build it. Happy to attach that if you want to check it for accuracy.

The ini I attached was a rework of the one you submitted. I now understand that this was an only Orbx plus the 3rd party airports included in the initial installation of X11.

The first pic in your initial post showed deformed cliffs and that is what i am trying to rectify. Now the scenery_packs is correctly layered for the test can you inform me if the cliffs now look correct?

The other apparent misalignments are not something I can assist with and will require the Developers comment.

I have asked the Developer to comment in my previous post so we need to wait for him to respond. I will contact him again to hopefully expedite a response.

The cliffs are likely caused by flattens placed at airports and is a common problem with airports that use these. 

I checked the orthos and it seems the bug is actually in our original ortho data we purchased to use in this product and not an installation or scenery ordering issue (which wouldn't cause bugs like these either way). I'll have to first report the bug to them to get some correctly rectified imagery, then we can issue a patch to fix it. It may be easier initially just to provide a patched version of the airport as opposed to a full update.

@sluflyer06 Please can you give this a try to fix Perth airport

Download the attached file, and then overwrite : Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth Nav Data/+50-010/+56-004.dsf inside your X-Plane folder. This should fix up the misaligned orthos at Perth airport for you. N.B. We need to test this further before releasing to OrbxCentral to test compatibility with Dundee airport

+56-004.dsf

• Like 1

If you are going to do things with mesh is there a possibility of turning big lakes into water? Such as Loch Lomond, there are floatplane bases there, but right now they are unfortunately unusable.

@JPOM @clorgaa Please could you both try the attached patch and let me know if this resolves your problems before I submit this to OrbxCentral. The patch should

1) Fix the ortho issues around Perth airport

2) Fix the water on Loch Lomond and make Loch Lomond seaport usable

3) Fix the wrecked coastline and sinkhole at Loch Long (Blairmoor)

To install this, make sure you extract the files and 

1) Copy the contents of Earth nav data/+50-010 to ./Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth nav data/+50-010 and overwrite the files. 

2) Copy the contents of terrain/ to ./Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain and overwrite the files.. DO NOT REPLACE THE ENTIRE TERRAIN FOLDER

Do not replace the entire Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos with this one, make sure you merge them. N.B. Running "verify files" in Orbx Central will remove it and revert in case of issues. 

Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos.zip

• Thanks 2

On 6/17/2021 at 5:23 AM, Tony Wroblewski said:

@sluflyer06 Please can you give this a try to fix Perth airport

Download the attached file, and then overwrite : Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/Earth Nav Data/+50-010/+56-004.dsf inside your X-Plane folder. This should fix up the misaligned orthos at Perth airport for you. N.B. We need to test this further before releasing to OrbxCentral to test compatibility with Dundee airport

+56-004.dsf 5.96 MB · 5 downloads

Yes I'll try your patch and report back. Sorry slow here, on paternity leave and my schedule haywire, also checking the loch and coastline

• Like 1