OpenLC Europe - Terrain.dll

Hello, 

When approaching or overflying the Geneva area, the sim crashes. The windows event viewe reveals it's due to the terrain.dll issue. 

I completely reinstalled the sim and estabilished the problem only occurs with Orbx OpenLC EU active. Users of both available Geneve scenery have reported issues in the area and both developers think it's Orbx related. 

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/156377-geneva-ctds-terraindll/

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24719.0.html

Is there any possibility to fix this problem or manually disable the Geneva region within the openLC EU coverage? This would be highly appreciated as I just had a CTD after an 6-hour. (again).

I'm running Prepar3D V5.1 latest version. Crashes occured with both PMDG and default aircraft. 

Thanks in advance,

Filipe Spring

Edited by FilipeS

• 1 month later...

I wasted many hours with attempts to solve CTDs with P3Dv5 and v5.2 on customer's machine. And found workaround. You need rename OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl file in the folder Orbx\p3dv5\Global openLC Europe\Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU4\Scenery to OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl.off and CTDs are gone. No matter what scenery You use - Aerosoft, FSDT, default or any freeware. LUSA2R and other STARs are again flyable. I tried open that file with tmfviewer, file looks OK. If tthis file is active, all attempts for ILS approach for rwy 22 ended with CTD. With renamed, all is OK. IMHO in this file is some strange problem...

Edited by garminbreak
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/22/2021 at 8:45 PM, garminbreak said:

I wasted many hours with attempts to solve CTDs with P3Dv5 and v5.2 on customer's machine. And found workaround. You need rename OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl file in the folder Orbx\p3dv5\Global openLC Europe\Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU4\Scenery to OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl.off and CTDs are gone. No matter what scenery You use - Aerosoft, FSDT, default or any freeware. LUSA2R and other STARs are again flyable. I tried open that file with tmfviewer, file looks OK. If tthis file is active, all attempts for ILS approach for rwy 22 ended with CTD. With renamed, all is OK. IMHO in this file is some strange problem...

Very interesting find, thanks.
Ive decided to re-install my Aerosoft LSGG scenery and give your findings a try. I have so far flown to LSGG twice without any problems.

Are Orbx looking in to this?

New finding :

On the another customer's machine is Orbx Global Base pack, HD Trees and OLC Europe with deactivated OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl file.

I downloaded freeware landclass file for Switzerland from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2295/fsx-landclass-scenery-for-switzerland/, with these files was all my attempts to land at default and all freeware LSGG airports rwy 22 successfull.

Orbx, really, there is some problem in the file OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl

Great news, thanks ... I have been trying with a mate to track down this issue and for me reducing the one Autogen and Scenery slider to Medium leaving the other Autogen sliders at max fixes it for me … If I move that one slider above medium, then i also get a CTD near LSGG, Fantastic news that it's finally been tracked down, and we hopefully will get a fix

Just done a flight into Aerosofts LSGG with the above file disabled and i was able to do the full STAR, Approach and Land on runway 22 without a CTD, so yes looks like that file is conflicting with something in the Aerosoft scenery.... @Nick Cooper any updates from the developer please? Maybe he can work with Aerosoft over this

Thanks

Rich

Default scenery is affected too. Same about freeware sceneries. It is not problem of the Aerosoft or FSDT specific scenery problem.

Exists possibility that the problem is not in the file OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl, but in the files referenced from OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl - .AGN files, or landclass textures. I did not investigated this scenario.

Now, I have not access to any computer with installed OpenLC EU (holydays), can't do more.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...