TrueEarth Netherlands HD & FlyTampa Amsterdam

Just picked up FlyTampa Amsterdam to use with TrueEarth Netherlands. I'm having huge texture, object and elevation issues. I've tried enabling and disabling the various EHAM files in the TrueEarth directory but with no luck. I saw a few other posts with this issue but nothing that helped. Thanks in advance.

This is with not changing and files, just vanilla install of the scenery and TrueEarth. Thre are no markings and there are default buildings. If I change files I get elevation and other issues.

Prepar3D 2021-04-17 00-19-17.png

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please have a look here and see if anything helps.

I have uninstalled the FlyTampa scenery to start again. I disabled the 3 .bgl files in TrueEarth Netherlands -> Scenery file with EHAM in the name. When I load up in that config I am still seeing default buildings which are the ones that seem to be coming through when I have the scenery installed. Any idea where these originate from?

Prepar3D 2021-04-17 10-14-37.png

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

P3D v4 versions of addon products have trouble excluding default buildings in P3D v5.

Given that I do not have the Fly Tampa product, do you have the latest P3D v5

compatible version?

I see this at their forums, where you could also ask your question.

https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13842

I have the latest version of P3D and the latest version of the scenery (1.3) as well as their libraries. As far as I'm aware this version is intended for use in v5. I have just reinstalled the scenery in the default location and I have not touched it in any way. Interestingly, the scenery library tab in P3D shows the airport below my Orbx product, however it is greyed out and I am unable to move it. Any ideas?

Prepar3D_WAca05LTK9.png

6 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

please review how you set the insertion point.

You will see how to do that written above the drop down menus

on the Insertion Point page.

These are the settings I had. I need to change the top one to below my last add-on airport I understand?

Orbx_Central_PvXRWQLk9K.png

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

yes, that's fine.

They aren't scenery areas, they are just references to Orbx files that need to be used instead of the default ones.

Ok thank you. I'm still having issues. The airport is below a bunch of Orbx stuff despite settings the top option in Central to my last addon. I still cant get past 75% when loading Amsterdam.

Orbx_Central_cXevuKSxDo.png

Prepar3D_9P4pV4WpDp.png

17 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Try disabling all your addons in the addons list and see if it starts then.

If you are familiar with Notepad, you can do this very quickly

by opening the add-ons.cfg file and using "Replace all", change Active=True

to Active=False

I restarted my PC and now it opens the scenario fine. I still have the issue of no runway markings, I believe because of the order in the scenety library. For some reason it wont move up.

Prepar3D_culoQjoGhr.png

Prepar3D 2021-04-17 12-47-32.png

Hello,

I think that you need to ask at the Fly Tampa forums, because I don't have the product,

I am unable to advise you further.

I don't know why Amsterdam should be there, when all your other addons are together and above

the Orbx entries.

I don't use it but the Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer can be used to manipulate this kind of scenery library entry.

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I think that you need to ask at the Fly Tampa forums, because I don't have the product,

I don't know why Amsterdam should be there, when all your other addons are together and above

the Orbx entries.

I don't use it but the Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer can be used to manipulate this kind of scenery library entry.

Alright thanks very much for your help. I will post over there and see if I can get a solution. Sam.

12 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the Orbx entries.

Hi again Nick. That free add-on program that you linked solved my problem!! I moved Amsterdam to the same order in the scenery library that I knew worked and it loaded up no problem (after I turned the 3 .bgl files to .OFF in TrueEarth. Thank you for you excellent help on a Saturday morning. Kind regards, Sam.

Archived