Terrain spikes south of ENCN

I have large terrain spikes just south of ENCN. I am not sure which product from ORX that is the source for this, but I have this installed: Orbx ENCN, Vector, OpenLC Europe, EU Norway and Global base installed. Latest installed was ENCN. Can anyone check if they have it too?

• Like 1

I have it too. I have contacted Gaya Simulations, and they are aware of it, and working on a fix. I have also crash if 

i try to taxi for take off RW21, and during landing on short final to the same rwy. Does your simulator crash? I have P3d v 5.1 HF1.

Tor Arild 

Hi. Thanks. I was just able to verify that it was ENCN scenery too.

I have not had any crash but I had similar issues with other airports so i have set crash detection off under realism settings.

Edited by eiketre

• 1 month later...

I did purchase from Orbxdirect and not from Gaya, and in Orbxdirect the support link leads me here.

These exact two issues in this thread is very disappointing in an otherwise good product . I will also add to the list that the runway number (22) is wrong (should be 21), and it changed years ago so it should be expected to be correct in a 2021 released product. 

They did however add the Topdalselva bridge which was missing in the first release, but if I remember correctly the spikes appaerad after this update.

I did actually first contact Gaya support and they said:

"The bug is acknowledged and the team is already on it. Expect the fix in the upcoming service pack for ENCN
Stay tuned"

However this was over a month ago, and the spikes makes the product unusable to me. I understand Gaya is making a lot of new addons to MSFS and this might not be a priority to them, but this does not make me eager to pay for new products from them in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

I still have terrain spikes. Tried with clean install too. Any update regarding this?

BTW: Is there any option to have runway light on during daytime at ENCN (Or low vis).

Edited by eiketre

Hey @Nick Cooper,

yes thats true! But sorry to say, as a customer that is annoying.

I bought a product in the Orbx store, I paid Orbx and I did get a invoice from Orbx. I get bored registering myself on every forum, searching the right contact data of the person who might worked on a product to get support... I guess you get it.

That (in my opinion) is no customer support. In that case I could buy my products at gaya, or mk or whatever directly... 

Thats no hate, just feedback. I do like the concept of Orbx. I do like the quality in the store, however -> Its not my job as a customer (if something is wrong with the product) to look it up myself in the world wide web.

As I said, no hate... I bought a lot of stuff in the Orbx Store (and I hope to buy many more in future -> as I said, I am a big big Orbx fan) but if that is a problem for you as a publisher and/or reseller, then please stop selling products where you dont take any responsibility for.

Best regards and once again, no hate just feedback.

zischke

Edited by zischke92

Hello,

thank you for your comments.

I am sorry that you do not like the situation.

In the same way as other companies, such as SimMarket and Aerosoft retail other developer's products

and direct their customers to the product developer for support, we must do the same.

We do not have access to the files or the development method and can therefore not offer useful support

or indeed prevail upon the developers to fix any shortcomings that there may be.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have done today a fresh reinstall of P3D v5.2 and same result. It is a bit ridiculous to say it is only gayas problem. Because i bought it from Orbx, and i am only able to install it with Central. I do not have the opputunity to get other installers etc.

I tried it with Norway and without Norway.

What i think, it would be support if Orbx will contact in that case the developer, in the same way they worked together when it had to do how to earn money.

Hello,

in the same way as all other online retailers of other developers' products,

Orbx are unable to offer support except in cases where the problem relates

to the installation process.

This is not for any of the reasons that you are hinting at, it is because  Orbx

do not have access to the files, nor do we have the right to publish modifications

to other developers' products.

Gaya appear to have acknowledged that there is a problem, that they are working

on a solution and that it will be published when achieved.

We can do no more than ask them to expedite that, in the same way as their customers already have.

I have sent an e mail to the developer on your behalf.

• 3 months later...

I have reported the spikes south east of ENCN  and the crash when taxing to RW21 in april. Gaya simulations responded to my post and said they were aware of the problems, and working on a update. Two weeks ago I sent a new post to Gaya, because nothing has happened since april, but they have not answered. Does anyone know if it will be an update, or has Gaya left P3d for FS2020? If there willbe no update, I want to have my money for this scenery back. There is a  freeware scenery available,without the spikes and crash.

Tor Arild Danielsen

Before i apply for a refund, I would like to know if there will be an update for the scenery? First of all I want an update. Doesn’t Orbx have any communication with their partners, when buyers report problems?

Tor Arild Danielsen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

So I encountered this issue too on P3Dv4.5, and after reading through this thread I admit I figured I'd have a better chance fixing it myself with a bit of tinkering.

I was able to resolve this by disabling the file "ENCN_terrain.bgl" located in the airport scenery folder (/adding ".off" at end of filetype). Quite a large file...566mb for me. Looks like Gaya has tried to include some of the rolling hills terrain around the airport, and I suspect some of that data may not play well with other third party addons (Norway Airports, FS Global).

Full disclosure, I use both Norway Airports freeware & the FSGlobal payware mesh, so any terrain data that I may have 'lost' by disabling "ENCN_terrain.bgl" is likely covered by my own use of FSGlobal, so I am unsure if this trick will work for everyone.

Image link of the file organization; this forum's upload system timed-out when attempting to upload directly to this post.

https://i.ibb.co/XWh8MFC/ENCN-Terrain.png

EDIT / FOLLOW-UP:

In further testing, this workaround causes a small terrain anomaly around the RWY22 end of the runway. I've created a small additional CVX file that can be placed in your airport scenery folder, see attached.

Ultimately, these 2 steps fixed the issue for me; but given I am on P3Dv4.5, am uncertain how this will work in v5.

1. Disable ENCN_terrain.bgl in airport scenery

2. Place the attached CVX file to airport scenery (should not need to overwrite anything).

Please note: This CVX file was named intentionally in order to sit directly between the ADE file and original CVX provided by Gaya. I cannot stress enough - do not delete the original "ENCN_AIP_CVX.bgl" ! This is how my folder looks.

ENCN-CVX.png

This is how ENCN now appears for me:
ENCN-CVX-P3-D4.png

ENCN-CVX-P3-D4-Region.png

Of course, this should be considered strictly as a band-aid / duct-tape / interim solution until Gaya can provide an alternative terrain file.

Hope this helps!

ENCN_AIP__CVX.bgl

Edited by drobinho
  • Thanks 3