Some Layering issues - Orbx True Earth EU

Locarno1

Hi Guys,

I've been using X-Plane 11 for a little while now and use all the True Earth packages for England. Recently I've noticed that some of the landmarks in certainly London are missing, however the Ortho/Photoreal ground is there.. As you can see below, I have no nice financial district or Millenium Dome/O2 Arena, Shard and have some buildings in the river.. I have had a look at my library and can't see anything wrong but I may be missing something critical here. Thins like Houses of Parliament and London Eye are already there.

On another note, I have a big square area of non-Orbx True Earth scenery around the Central area and I have no clue why... (Will add this in next post)

Hope someone can help..

Cessna_172SP - 2021-04-04 17.22.28.png

Cessna_172SP - 2021-04-04 17.22.51.png

The layering of your scenery_packs.ini was incorrect and many other addons were masking aspects of TEGB.

I have rearranged it for you. Please note that all TE addons need to go directly under Global Airports and not be split up. They should be together in their A/B?C sequence. A couple of TE addons have Airport files and those files need to go above Global Airports.

I have also moved your X-Europe files above the SFD Global files otherwise those Europe specific features are being masked by the global textures etc tin SFD Global. You want European features in Europe and global features for the rest of the world.. You had SFD Global above X-Europe, hence masking all the European unique offerings in X-Europe.

scenery_packs.ini

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

The layering of your scenery_packs.ini was incorrect and many other addons were masking aspects of TEGB.

I have rearranged it for you. Please note that all TE addons need to go directly under Global Airports and not be split up. They should be together in their A/B?C sequence. A couple of TE addons have Airport files and those files need to go above Global Airports.

I have also moved your X-Europe files above the SFD Global files otherwise those Europe specific features are being masked by the global textures etc tin SFD Global. You want European features in Europe and global features for the rest of the world.. You had SFD Global above X-Europe, hence masking all the European unique offerings in X-Europe.

scenery_packs.ini 17 kB · 4 downloads

Hi Jon,

Many thanks for this. I was unaware my .ini file was like this. I do however use xOrganizer. Is there anyway that the library order can be changed through this?

Thanks again for sorting this.. As a side note, I've loaded up in London again and not getting any night lighting effects on the buildings in Canary Wharf ONLY. is this normal? The buildings just look quite dark at night which is a shame..

The lighting or lack of in Canary Wharf is normal.

X-organiser does not play well with Orbx TE addons but I am led to believe that this issue was resolved with a newer version of the programme after talks between the X-Organiser developer and our TE developer. You may wish to ask about it on the X-Organiser support forum.

I knew right away your were using X-Organiser:)

I would suggest that maybe you keep a spare copy of the scenrey_packs.ini I sent you as X-organiser may very well change it again when you install other addons etc.

On 4/5/2021 at 7:12 PM, Jon Clarke said:

The lighting or lack of in Canary Wharf is normal.

X-organiser does not play well with Orbx TE addons but I am led to believe that this issue was resolved with a newer version of the programme after talks between the X-Organiser developer and our TE developer. You may wish to ask about it on the X-Organiser support forum.

I knew right away your were using X-Organiser:)

I would suggest that maybe you keep a spare copy of the scenrey_packs.ini I sent you as X-organiser may very well change it again when you install other addons etc.

Hi John,

Thanks. That's a real real shame about Canary Wharf being 'Normal'.. I've just googled canary wharf at night on google and it's all lit up! Will this be addressed in a future update at all? Or anything I can do to enhance this area?

I will keep a copy of this but yes I believe XOrganizer was messing with it, but thankfully it does help a lot of other add-ons. I'll check the version number though.

For the moment, I have moved True Earth stuff into the 'Airports Default' tab on the scenery portion.. Not sure if this is correct but I think the location is correct now in terms of the .ini file.

image.png.d8ab9ed6f7c9ac03364e4c2a436fb4fc.png

I am afraid i know nothing about X-Organiser categories like Airports Default etc.

True Earth addons must go directly below Global Airports in the scenery-packs.ini and must be in the A/B/C sequence, together, like I have done in the scenery_pack i sent you.

Archived