I've recently picked up UKBB and UKOO, and noticed at Odessa it has the new terminal and stands modelled, but according to Navigraph, the old remote pull in/pull out stands are used and the new terminal is under construction, trying to be at least semi-realistic, does anyone know when the new terminal will open and be used? I've looked around but can't find anything. Thanks

2 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

I've recently picked up UKBB and UKOO, and noticed at Odessa it has the new terminal and stands modelled, but according to Navigraph, the old remote pull in/pull out stands are used and the new terminal is under construction, trying to be at least semi-realistic, does anyone know when the new terminal will open and be used? I've looked around but can't find anything. Thanks

Hello,

According to an article in the Russian Aviation Insider dated 19th April 2019, the new Terminal was inuagurated on April 15th that year.   Initially intended for Domestic flights into Boryspil and Zhuliany, the airport intended to transfer charter and international flights to the new Terminal over time.   It is envisaged that the old terminal would be mothballed.

Work to build the new Terminal started in 2012, but the completion date slipped many times.   In December 19th 2016, the airport welcomed it's 1 millionth passenger.

This of course before Covid.

I am trying to find out more from my connections at Ukraine International Airlines.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Lee

Archived