Lack of 3D lights on some main roads

keenrw

Hi

I have just brought TE south England ... it's a great product and runs really well, the only thing i have noticed that lets it down is the night lighting, some of the main roads which i would expect to have 3D lights don't have any ..Heres an example  The main road that runs along the side of Exeter airport (A30) dosnt have any 3D lights and can only tell there's a road there by the head and tail lights driving along it ,in the 2nd picture the white lights are the Airport car park lights which come with the Airport scenery, I would expect there to be Orange lights along the side of the main road ... I have noticed this at other places as well.

Thanks

Rich

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

The issue is lack of data, we don't really know what roads should have lights or not. Motorways in the UK generally don't have lights unless it's approaching a junction or running through a built-up area, so normally we have to take a guess. The default roads put lights on every motorway section which is very unrealistic, so we took the lesser approach and assumed they didn't unless it was a junction or passing through a residential area.

The area around Birmingham airport isn't marked as a residential area, hence no lights were generated here. So sadly, it's not going to be 100% accurate, but is the best we could do given the data we had available at the time.

Archived