[RESOLVED: Install hotfix 06] Scenery.cfg curruption - problem with umlauts

Meerkat

Hi,

after weeks of screenshot viewing in the forum I could no longer resist and purchased  ;D

Now the issue: My FSX installation is German, so I have some umlauts (ü, ä and so on) in the Scenery titles of scenery.cfg.

This was no problem until installation of FTX - unfortunately I don't know which single package was the cause, as I installed AuBlue, the hotfixes, the freeware airports and Holgermesh all in one session without starting FSX.

Now, in Scenery.cfg there is

"[Area.001]

Title=Standardgel�nde

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE"

where should be

"[Area.001]

Title=Standardgelände

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE"

I manually tried to fix it, but when running FSX again, the "missing scenery area" message comes again. Maybe caching is the problem and I should reboot. Can someone confirm this problem? And who knows which particular installer is the cause?

Will report later if I could solve it. Have to go to lunch now, don't want to upset my wife against FTX...  ;D ;D ;D

Regards

Markus

Hm, my Version auf Freeware airfield was 1.01 (AUBLUEFREEWAREV101.ZIP).

I was able to fix it by removing all umlauts from the scenery paths and Scenery area descriptions.

But strangely, in the FSX interface of Scenery library the term "Standardgelände" for the area Scenry\world was not displayed correctly before I changed it. So now I got another idea: it seems, FSX uses .NET for its UI? Before installation of FTX I only had .NET 2.0, so I had to download 3.0.

But what did I do? I thaught more could be better and installed .NET 3.5 - maybe there is a bug inside (however I found no updates on the MS update site...).  :-[

So maybe not your fault.

And now my wife is having a nap after good meal and I finally can make my FTX maiden flight  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards

Markus

Thank you all for the fast response - that's what I call customer service.

I installed all hotfiexes, but afterwards the freeware airports and holgermesh - maybe that was not right  ;)

I run hotfix 008 again and the file date and version of the FTXConfigurator.exe are 03/16/08 and 1.0 (created 03/04/2008). Is that OK?

btw. - Koorby, what means Close Wolter ???  :o

Edit: got it - Uhu-Fledermaus  :D :D

Markus

Archived