Where is this London City Pack Update for MS Marketplace?

What is going on?  This update is available for purchases direct from Orbx and has been available for some time.  But where is this update for FS Marketplace?  I have checked in my Content Manager and still no update showing.  I thought maybe it updated in the background, but still see it is version 1.1.0 27 November 2020.  Obviously not installed as it would conflict with the recent Asobo UK update. When?

See the third Q&A in the attachment. Orbx has no control whatsoever on when products they provide to MS land in the Marketplace. You should direct your question to them. As a general observation though, Marketplace updates occur in batches and do not coincide with sim/world updates, probably so as not to overload their servers even more.

I am fed-up with Orbx blaming FS2020 market place, yet again?  Orbx get paid for their software whether paid direct or through FS Marketplace.  Why should customers who buy products via the marketplace be treated differently. It is the responsibility of Orbx to contact Microsoft on this issue, NOT the customer who has paid in good faith. NOT happy with your response!

Go ahead and reject reality then. An Orbx rep may have more to say.

Every third party developer has this to deal with. It's a simple fact of MSFS life. No different than if a box product retailer decides to delay putting the product on the shelf. You speak to them, not the company that sent the retailer the boxes.

Hey there. @Lionhart27 I understand your frustration in regards to the issue with the delayed updates to the Marketplace. @Gulfstreamtwo had a good analogy relating to this issue. We can provide Microsoft updated code for a patch to London City, but we have no ability to tell them when to publish the update. I don't believe it's a matter of blame as much as it is that MS has their own update processes and unfortunately, sometimes they may delay in a longer period of time for an update than is ideal for customers. I know the Marketplace is a great option to have in Flight Simulator and personally, I'm glad to see it in there for the community. However, if you feel that products are not getting updated in a timely fashion, may I suggest purchasing our scenery through Orbx Central. Once we have created and tested a patch it gets pushed to Orbx Central on a per product basis and next time you load Central, the software will update.

We do appreciate our customers and I'm sorry these latest sim updates have resulted in issues that are affecting enjoyment of the simulator and scenery. I'm sure our developers are working on a patch and we'll get it out there as soon as we can.

Archived