Land Textures in the Sea off south of England following re-install of TrueEarth Great Britain South

Liffy55

Hi Orbx Team, 

I uninstalled and re-installed TrueEarth Great Britain South to test performance of my PC in that area with and without this addon (mentioned in another topic). 

Following the re-install, I've noticed that the sea textures off Great Britain South have been replaced by land textures. I presume this is probably something to do with the readjusted order of the Orbx sceneries as a result of the reinstall(??). If that's likely the case, could you please advise what further adjustment I need to make to return the sea textures off the South of England? 

I did try applying the "Verify Files" function to openLC Europe and to Vector to no avail. Should also add that I have Orbx England installed. 

Thanks Nick,

I've set the Insertion point to my lowest 3rd party scenery entry. 

Unfortunately the problem remains. In fact following a quick tour of the P3D5 world I've found that nearly all the TrueEarth regions have adjacent seas filled in by land -  only ones I found not affected were Great Britain North and Central. I've also found a couple of areas outside TrueEarth zones similarly affected e.g. Vancouver Bay and sea next to Anchorage. 

I've attached a screenshot of Netherlands below;

Netherlands HD.jpg

Very frustrating Dave - at this stage I've tested further for many many hours and found the following; 

The sea next to Anchorage (Ted Stevens Intl) is resolved - found it was solved by tweaking the scenery configurator for the corresponding Aerosoft addon. Otherwise the seas in the Orbx Southern Alaska region have correct textures. 

I can only resolve the land textures in the sea off Vancouver by disabling Orbx Pacific Northwest - executing the "Verify Files" function was ineffective. 

I can only resolve the land textures in the sea off GB South and Netherlands by disabling True Earth GB South and Netherlands - executing the "Verify Files" function was ineffective. Have even uninstalled and re-installed GB South (I know that was probably a waste of time). BUT, the sea textures off GB central and GB North are correct with True Earth GB Central and North active. Why is that?

From what I have found so far, Southern California has the loss of sea textures problem but Northern California has not.

In the Southern hemisphere, to the best I have checked, Australia V2 and NZ North Island/South Island are good.

I'm hoping the Orbx team can come up with something else to try, short of having to reinstall the platform. 

Thanks Nick - I'm very envious of your screenshot!

In the case of the issue adjacent to Anchorage Ted Stevens Intl. the problem was limited to just a couple of tiles whereas in the other areas it is far more extensive. 

I have many scenery addons installed in addition to Orbx regions and airports - I guess its therefore going to be a bit like looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack to find the culprit(s) if it/they are to blame. Presumably deactivating such add-ons is not quite the same as uninstalling them in the case(s) where they might alter base files within P3D5?

The only addon I have installed (other than Orbx) that might have an effect on the wider virtual geography is Black Marble  - but that seems unconvincing as the culprit given that the extent of misbehaving sea textures appears only to only be adjacent to some Orbx add-on regions. 

Hi there,

have you tried verifying the Orbx Libraries? The water polygons within and surrounding our Regions require custom entries in the global terrain.cfg file. Those entries are implemented and checked by the Orbx Libraries. The libraries are listed in Orbx Central under Global Range, at the bottom.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Eureka! It's resolved. Did as you said, tested the sea textures in the previously affected regions and all are back to normal.

Thanks so much to you and to Nick for taking the time to look at this. Very much appreciated.

Makes my day/week/month!

Archived