Just bought the Saitek multi Panel.

Dadtom65

Hi guys as above. Can anyone put me onto a good video or some thing that can explain how to use said  panel. As I've noticed that when I choose say an altitude that it does not go up say in stages, like it tends to jump a bit or perhaps I  am not using it properly. Or is that the nature of the panel . Perhaps I'm expecting to much. Thanks  Derek. 

not sure what you mean, it for me goes up to altitude I have set using Vspeed, however it does depend what you are using it with, I have 3 different panels from Saitek and use them all in p3dv5 via SPADnext, I do only use them for GA though....

Hi. When setting an altitude I thought it would go up in say single feet until it got to your required altitude but that is not the case as it seems to jump up a bit. As I said perhaps I’m not using it properly. It’s a pity it did not come with instructions, well mine did not anyway and it was new as it was still sealed. Thanks Derek.

Hi Derek,

I've used the Saitek Multi Panel for years, from long before Logitech.  It is a great unit, and although I am replacing some of my Saitek gear, this is not one of them.  Now for the Autopilot function, which is the most important for this unit, (though the 'Flaps Switch' is very good too), note that the altitude setting is in 100 foot intervals.

I strongly recommend SPADNEXT over the default drivers.  With this particular unit where you're not likely to customize, it is not necessarily a major issue, but SPADnext makes assigning functions and customizing any of this line of components very easy, and setting them up in a network a snap.  

I have replaced the Saitek Radio Panels with new ones from Propwash Simulation, and supplemented the Switch Panel with one from Desktop Aviator, but the core of my cockpit is the twelve Saitek FIPs (Flight Information Panels). Great units, but they've gotten a bit pricey, though they were never cheap, since Logitech took over.  By the way, A hint: check out the pilot shops serving real world aviation.  They often have better prices and better availability.  I use Tom Tsui's gauges for the FIPs, they are wonderful.  For more information go to bedtimes.WordPress. com.  The latest on my cockpit is the third unit down. (Cockpit: Ken (KFRG) update).

I've been building, using and updating a flight simulator cockpit for some time, so if I can help I'm happy to.

Ken

Archived