What about a hardware FS price and availability thread please Admins?

B12

It does not need to be official, can do it here in this thread if that's OK please. Not asking for a sticky.

Basically we have done this in many threads here already many times over, the one with the topic here went into discussion of how best to find new PC hardware like new AMD Ryzen CPU's and Nvidia GPU's too, this is why community's thrive IMHO, they share ... its thanks to Donka on here I managed to get my NV RTX 3090X as quick as I did ... was looking in all the wrong places ... was honestly in a rut for a bit and only looking at 1 or 2 usual retailers I'd been using for years ... my eyes are now well and truly opened for sure.

Just general advice of when to buy when new hardware is released, what to watch out for, pitfalls ETC ... who can lose with this?

I'll start the ball rolling, many folk want to buy the new Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, mostly all sold out, was on one pre order from Amazon a long time ago, but that's going nowhere and I cancelled it at last ... however there have been one or two apparent with low sales and not 100% bargains and many many grifters too with low sale volumes on Ebay and really reluctant to  try that :( its not just GPU's and CPU's some buy to sell inflated profit wise, its near everything now and including our hobby ... and this is where Community spirit feedback really pays dividends.

What do you think Nick ... please? Please dont dismiss this idea out of hand admin, please.

After the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle myself just now, couple of fleecers on UK Ebay auction ending in a day or so, searched all over UK, none in stock ... all FS controllers are hard to come by just now in these times it seems!

Hello,

the idea is fine but the Orbx forums are not a marketplace for other products and nor are

they a place for negative criticism of other marketplaces, such as is contained in your post.

The exchange of advice such as that which enabled you to solve your problem clearly

works and there doesn't seem to be a need for anything further.

The problem of product availability is universal at the moment and by no means limited

to PC hardware, in fact that is probably the least of most people's concerns.

Thats me told :(

Will never share another good price for hardware that benefits Orbx in the long run here ever again :(

Your going to be busy moderating again Nick :(

Half the posts on here need moderated after this decision of yours ... why cant you just let some things slide for once in your life Nick and stop the bullying?

We all love Orbx and your harsh attitude was once fun, but now it grinds, times change Nick, keep up please :(

Hello,

I am disappointed to read that you consider a disagreement with your proposition to be bullying.

3.    Advertisements, release announcements, sales, contests, affiliate links, and other promotions for other developers or companies are not allowed. Similarly, criticism, comparisons and adverse comments about other developers' products, including flight simulators are not allowed. The Orbx forums are a private platform and not to be used for promoting or condemning other entities.

• 1 month later...

Sorry Nick

Had almost forgotten about this.

Was in a bad way at time, these are not easy times for all of us, however you are famous for non considered dismissive reply that can cause further angst IMHO and was preparing myself for one again, its very rare a company can listen to genuine customer feedback these days ... I understand you are head Mod guy here and have a reputation for no nonsense ETC well loved and respected.

People skills are a very rare thing, still working on mine too.

It was just a suggestion.

Stay safe Nick and sorry once again.

Archived