updated gpu 2070 graphic drivers version 461.40 is there any issues with running p3dv5.1??afterwards???

timmo32

Gday gents just a quick question,i just updated my graphics card drivers too version 461.40 and my p3dv5.1 is not loading up?its shutting down i click on it and run it as admin and it gets as far as the screen too select a aircraft and when i do it just simply dissapears shuts down?it was running and loading ok before this update,i have p3v4 on another drive and it seems ok ,has anyone had any issues with drivers causing this which one would think that my older version p3dv4 would not be happy too???it was running ok,i did have a pc bios update by a computer tech and 2 extra sticks of memory installed taking my ram too 32 gigs and all the load and memory and cpu tests were done too make sure my hardware was stable and it passed the tests ,im a bit stumped at the moment thinking it may be the gpu drivers causing my issue??any ideas ?thanks.

Gday Smudger thankyou all so much for your help i really apprieciate it!now i have rolled back my drivers in the gpu too 456 version and the game p3dv5.1 is still not playing ball,it will go into the area where you go too select a aircraft,airport location and so on,tho when a plane is selected or a flight plan is loaded,or if i just choose too fly just for the sake of it just without selecting anything,just the default plane and airport it loads up too about 60 %then it disappears?? i had no issues before tho i chose the express drive install not the custom one?would this cause the issue not doing a clean install maybe,is this what it mean by custom install? thanks for your help :)

7 minutes ago, timmo32 said:

Gday Smudger thankyou all so much for your help i really apprieciate it!now i have rolled back my drivers in the gpu too 456 version and the game p3dv5.1 is still not playing ball,it will go into the area where you go too select a aircraft,airport location and so on,tho when a plane is selected or a flight plan is loaded,or if i just choose too fly just for the sake of it just without selecting anything,just the default plane and airport it loads up too about 60 %then it disappears?? i had no issues before tho i chose the express drive install not the custom one?would this cause the issue not doing a clean install maybe,is this what it mean by custom install? thanks for your help :)

i havent tryed msfs at the moment tho as my primary sim is p3dv5.

Just an update i did a custom clean install of the latest drivers for the gpu this time a clean install not an express one and my sim seems too load up again and do what it was doing before,tho im yet too test it in a flight and also try loading it up a coulpe of times to make sure its ok,i did roll back the drivers too the version before these latest drivers and it made no difference still the same issue with p3dv5.1 crashing on loading,now im running the latest version and im just wondering in the nvida control panel what too select too get rid of the shimmering affect in the sim,as the clean driver install has set everything back too standard?thanks for your help.

Archived