Update request

Hello Frank,

again, all of the products you have listed are already available for P3D v5.

As I mentioned, if you open Orbx Central for P3D v5 and you see a product there, ready to be installed,

then that product is available for P3D v5.

Products that are not P3D v5 ready do not appear in Orbx Central for P3D v5 at all, even though you 

may own them.

Are these going to be made for P3D V5x  

KBLU Blue Canyon-Nyack Airport
KIDA Idaho Falls Regional Airport
KRDD Redding Municipal Airport
KSTS Sonoma County Regional Airport
KTEX Telluride Regional Airport

I hate to go back to 4.5 but it is looking like these are not going to be updated.  I have  all the TE, so unless these were just added to TE then fine

We did buy these airports so would like to see them get to V5, thanks

Hi Dean, I had a similar Question in this threat. Here is the Answer:

On 1/26/2021 at 4:25 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Frank,

again, all of the products you have listed are already available for P3D v5.

As I mentioned, if you open Orbx Central for P3D v5 and you see a product there, ready to be installed,

then that product is available for P3D v5.

Products that are not P3D v5 ready do not appear in Orbx Central for P3D v5 at all, even though you 

may own them.

Thanks Frank, I knew if they are not listed in the list when I select P3Dv5   I just wonder why KRDD for example would not work in P3D 5.  I know the KRDD would have to be disabled in TE or anything else.  I though of trying it.  KRDD is  a good stop when heading north or south, which is why I miss it.  What is either in P3D v5 or TE North Calif is good, just did not know if having KRDD Orbx would be better, I do like the Orbx airports

Well I did install KRDD in P3D 4.5 and copied the KRRD to P3D v5.  I loaded P3D 5.1 before I added Orbx KRDD, then added the scenery and moved it where it needed to be in the list.  When P3D v5.1 loaded it was there, very nice airport.  Maybe I got lucky with this one. I did not disable the existing one.  It was easy to undo if needed, but this one is ok now for me.  Maybe something is still wrong but don't know it yet  :)

Hi Nick,  

First I have all of Orbx scenery so I tried a few combinations. 

1. I disabled everything except KRDD, it was ok sometimes but one time the runway was not there.  But this airport needs North Cailf scenery (not TE)

2. So I disabled KRDD to see if it was there in the default scenery, it was. 

3. So I enabled North America LC (I have vectors installed too but that should not matter) without Orbx KRDD  all ok

4. Then I enabled KRDD and the runway details were not there, taxi and runway there but no runway markers 

5. So far TE N Calif was disabled.  So I have everything enabled LC America, Base Class (always was there) KRDD, and TE N Calif.  This worked every time and the details of the airport with KRDD are just amazing.   

I am using P3D v5.1 HF 1.  I am pretty sure anyone with TE N Calif will not have problems.  I did just copy the files from from P3D 4.5 to 5.1 and added it to the scenery.cfg 

I don't know if a installer does more like disable existing KRDD defaults or not   

I plan to try Idaho Falls today and there is no TE scenery there  (someday I hope to see more western states add, it is just amazing scenery)   I have MSFS 2020 but I like TE much better.  That's just me

I looked at KIDA,  looks ok next I want to do a comparison with with version 4.5   I think some of the textures are different but that is expected.  

I don't know why KRDD has a runway issue (unless TE N CA is there)  I did disable the KRDD in the TE N CAlif, because the installer usually does that. I do want to say that I had trouble with the installer, not sure what does it, when the ones in TE are disabled, such as KSJC.  Some of the buildings and other planes sunk a little.  It does not effect the taxi or runways.  So when I see that happen I enable them again and it fixes it.  KRDD did that just now.

Anyway, I am happy I got them back although I would not suggest this to anyone else, I was a developer so trying things never stopped me.   

KRDD update.  I discovered that when a airport is loaded in P3D v5.1 HF1, the airport might not show up.   I went to John Wayne KSNA and the 3rd party airport was not there. I restarted P3D 5.1 and the airport was there.  I saw that in KRDD as well once everything enabled.  I think there may be a issue in P3D 5.1 HF1.    KRDD does work most of the time, when it is there and loaded ok, it will be there on take off and landing.   Still not sure why KRDD does this and KIDA and KBLU always works and KBLU is in North Calif.  Never had problems with KIDA and KBLU  

Hello Dean,

thanks.

That replicates the results of my tests as well.

I was suggested internally that always loading 

on the apron, rather than the runway, might solve

the problem, but it does not at my end.

Like you, I find that there is no constant but the one

that works most often is to load the scenery twice.

This seems to work, even when flying in there from another

airport and when loading there from the start.

Either way, I am sure that you can now see why it has not

been released as P3D v5 compatible.

I agree Nick, I did install the required NA_NC addon (not TE) and now it works all the time, but I think that is just happening here.  I disable it and it still works.  You are right, it is too flakey.  Too bad it is a awesome job Orbx did on the airport.   Maybe when HF2 or 5.2 comes out this can be revisited.  thanks

Archived