Concrete 3W5 is just begging for a floatplane base on the Lake or River

raymar99

Concrete 3W5 is just begging for floatplane docks on the Lake.  When released we could have all the wonderful HD scenery, a small town, a general aviation airfield, beatiful river basin, rock quarry, and lake.

What might be missiing are docks for the floatplanes and amphibians.  I propose using the existing lake and/or the river to add a little more detail.  Whatta you think, Hieko and Andreas?  Is it too late?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ray

Maybe the bush pilots/floatplane drivers will chime in and also express an interest.  Lake Shannon is so smooth and protected with the near constant water level and we could take advantage of Mango and Andreas hard work for the improved scenery.

RayM

It's hard to believe a lake that size without a single fishing pier or boat pier.  I know I have seen pictures of water skiers on Lake Shannon.  Do you suppose all those boats were trailered in and have absolutely no place in the real world to tie up.  Maybe.

That is about all we are talking about.  A simple pier.

RayM

Similarly to Darrington there is no floatplane base there in the real world, so I'm pretty sure there won't be (and shouldn't be) one in the scenery. Someone would have to add fantasy elements later on. ;)

Maybe once Mango and Andreas finish their masterpiece it will be famous enough to bring in flyers from all over and a lot those flyers  could be bush pilots with floats.  Can you guess where I'm going with this, yep.  "Build it and they will come".

If it works in baseball, it could work in scenery design!

RayM

It's hard to believe a lake that size without a single fishing pier or boat pier.  I know I have seen pictures of water skiers on Lake Shannon.  Do you suppose all those boats were trailered in and have absolutely no place in the real world to tie up.  Maybe.

Check out the whole lake in Google Earth / Google Maps. There are just bushes all around the shore, except for a small dirt road spot next to the quarry. And there isn't a single boat either. My guess would be that this place isn't just for power but that it's also used as a drinking water reservere. I don't know about the US, but in most place vehicles with any kind of engine that could leak oil or fuel into the water are prohibitted on drinking water reserves.

Maybe once Mango and Andreas finish their masterpiece it will be famous enough to bring in flyers from all over and a lot those flyers  could be bush pilots with floats.  Can you guess where I'm going with this, yep.  "Build it and they will come".

If it works in baseball, it could work in scenery design!

Yeah, and there could also be an aircraft carrier in the lake to attract the jets. I think you can guess where I'm going with this. ;)  ;D

Jigsaw, I went to wikipedia to see what it had to say about Lake Shannon.  Please note the last sentence that is highlighed by their site  . . . .

Fishing, boating, and water skiing are popular activities on the lake,

Posted Image

Now back to the topic - how about a pier to tie up the floatplanes? :-\

Topic locked. You're labouring a point that is futile ;)

We're not fans of ficticious scenery elements that don't reflect the real-world location, so there won't be any float-plane scenery objects placed at 3W5. By all means, once the product is released, grab a copy of Instant Scenery and add what you like, but we won't endorse any 3rd party addons for our sceneries which are ficticious.

Archived