Lake Kutubu Missing From PNG Holgermesh At Moro, New Guinea

Hi Guys -- this is a simple one. There's no water in the lake.  If you challenges, flying over the bush in mountainous New Guinea will give them to you.

Lake Kutubu is just east of Moro in Papua, New Guinea.  The airfield is in the middle of the village.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Moro+Airport/@-6.393805,143.320312,17796m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x0:0x0!2zNsKwMjEnNDguMCJTIDE0M8KwMTQnMTcuMCJF!3b1!8m2!3d-6.363333!4d143.238056!3m4!1s0x68507a8d237d241d:0x9511fcca231aa512!8m2!3d-6.3627286!4d143.2324076?hl=en

The moutains and forest look OK and you do have the airfield, but there's no water in the lake -- just trees where the lake should be.

Lake_Kutubu_no_water.jpg

Lake_Kutubu_GTN750.jpg

Lake_Kutubu_satellite.jpg

OK, I did "Verify Files" on Vector and all the Global datsets.  I'm still not getting water in the lake and now I have floating buildings around airports and ground going up and down through roads and runways so something is wrong.  I ran the config for Vector as well so I'll have to manually set the layers in the correct order -- could you let me know what this is please?  I'm running P3Dv5.1.  Beautiful morning though.

Thanks,

Diana

kutubu2.jpg

scenery.cfg

19 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you only have a Pilot's mesh product in your scenery.cfg flie.

Nothing by Orbx.

Using your scenery.cfg file, I see this:

5.jpg

Please make sure that you have the exact same version of P3D v5.

If that is so, why does Orbx Central tell me that I have all Orbx Global, Vector, True Earth, etc installed?

orbx.jpg

orbx2.jpg

orbx3.jpg

Maybe they are installed to an external library, in which case you will need to use the Add-Ons menu in P3D to check whether they are ticked.

Also Vector wasn't very reliable in places where public geodata might be patchy.  If the lake is in P3D default but not when you have Vector enabled, that's probably where your problem lies.

Hello,

the lake is there with or without Vector, as I have already demonstrated.

Presumably you have installed all your Orbx products as add-ons.

Perhaps you could show a screen shot of your Vector entries instead.

You have not yet written your exact version of P3D v5.

41 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Maybe they are installed to an external library, in which case you will need to use the Add-Ons menu in P3D to check whether they are ticked.

Also Vector wasn't very reliable in places where public geodata might be patchy.  If the lake is in P3D default but not when you have Vector enabled, that's probably where your problem lies.

Well, it's not just this lake that's a problem now.

I've got floating houses, trees on runways and aprons, shorelines messed up on the USA East coast, yellow ocean or land in the ocean etc.

This is the latest version of P3D -- 5.1.2.26829.

Unlike FSX:SE where data was stored locally, all Orbx stuff for P3D 4+ and 5+ were moved to libraries on a new a 12TB hard drive.

I read on another forum post that Orbx Central was having problems ordering scenery and Vector and people had to do it manually.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Vector, Base, storing them locally, etc.  Still get the the same problems.

Questions:  (1) How can I be sure that everything installed in the libraries is linked to the simulator?  (2)  How can I check to make sure the scenery.cfg file has stuff in the correct order?

In this picture flying from north to south over what is supposed to the Atlantic Ocean between Jacksonville and Savannah has murky yellow ground in the water and marsh grass that extends into the ocean.  You can also see the correct shoreline for Jekyll Island but there's only a narrow strip for the water (I assume that's the tile for tides).   I also have what appears to be double or same name file entries when looking at the scenery layers in the sim (things with a (1) or (2) next to them) but when checking the scenery.cfg file with Lorby SI is says I don't have any double entries.

This is very frustrating so hopefully there's a fix for this.

se_ga_coast.jpg

Hello,

it looks like you need to go back to square one.

You do not need to do anything with your scenery.cfg file, if that is the current active one.

Open P3D and go to the Add-ons list and untick everything.

Then restart the simulator, which should then be in its default state and see how it looks.

You could show me your Vector scenery library entries by way of a screen shot.

Orbx Central does not have problems ordering scenery but the Insertion Point does have to be set correctly.

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it looks like you need to go back to square one.

You do not need to do anything with your scenery.cfg file, if that is the current active one.

Open P3D and go to the Add-ons list and untick everything.

Then restart the simulator, which should then be in its default state and see how it looks.

You could show me your Vector scenery library entries by way of a screen shot.

Orbx Central does not have problems ordering scenery but the Insertion Point does have to be set correctly.

OK.  It's past 1:30AM here so I'll do it in the morning.

Hi Nick.  Your suggestion put me on the right path. 

I deactivated all extra non-native P3D scenery and still had the problem, but your help put me on the track of doing a P3D data file reset -- which I didn't know you could do:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

Delete the following generated folders/files. This will result in any add-ons being removed/disabled.

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5
  • %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

This did the trick.  I work on missiles and ballistics for real life military flight simulators.  A lot of the stuff is the same as a consequence of convergent evolution but the inner workings aren't the same.

After doing the data file reset, I added everything back using the Orbx Central file sync and just had go through all of the "enable" windows during the P3D start sequence.

A big hint is the P3D old FSX style flight planning map window.  It actually reflects what the install scenery is -- which I also didn't know.

After I got everything re-installed, I checked the locations I've been having problems with -- and no more problems.

Lake Kutubu was visible and no more marsh grass out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean .

Took me all day to fix this. Thanks for your help. 

You can close this and the earlier post I did about the Ormond Beach airport out.

--Diana

You can see the airfield and village and no more grass or trees growing up through the runway now.

kutubu_3.jpg

aymr.jpg

aymr2.jpg

aymr3.jpg

Here are pictures of southeast Georgia and north Florida. No more land or marsh going out into the ocean. You put the TE Florida north boundary through the north tip of Cumberland Island and you can see the difference.

You have the airstrip on the north end of Cumberland that I told you about now.  My instructor always warned me to never try landing on it but I did it anyway. :) 

You guys did a good job on downtown Jacksonville  -- but you probably didn't know the Jacksonville Landing mall next to the river was demolished last year.  It was a nice place, but they coudn't save it after all the bad press from the crazy guy who shot up the place.

No more snow at Ormond Beach.  Good job on the airfield.

ga-fl.jpg

ga-fl2.jpg

ga-fl3.jpg

jax_fl.jpg

komn.jpg

Archived